Mattero/Mattera, RI & MA

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Mattero/Mattera, RI & MA

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Joseph is the English name for Giuseppe. It was very common to anglicize the name once our immigrants got to America.

I'm not so sure the spelling "Collela" exists in Italy but I may be wrong. I think the surname is either Colella or Coletta. The name Colella certainly still exists today in the town. It obviously hasn't been indexed correctly and/or there are mistakes on the actual manifest.
http://www.paginebianche.it/ricerca?qs= ... ste+foggia
The spelling Collella and Colletta also exist.
Angela :)
mhdelmonico
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 24 May 2017, 04:53

Re: Mattero/Mattera, RI & MA

Post by mhdelmonico »

Halfpint1912,

I am also a descendant of the Mattero lineage. My grand-mother was a daughter
of Salvatore Mattero and Cristine Baldizzi. She was the eldest child and a sibling
of Giuseppe Mattero.


Mike DelMonico
mhdelmonico
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 24 May 2017, 04:53

Re: Mattero/Mattera, RI & MA

Post by mhdelmonico »

Hello,

I'm am a descendant of Salvatore Mattero and Cristine Baldizzi. My grandmother was
Elvira Baldizzi, the eldest child of Salvatore & Cristine.

Please contact me as I have information regarding the Mattero-Baldazzi family tree.
Post Reply