Livorno genealogy records
Livorno genealogy records
Is there anywhere online I can get records from Livorno? Also, if someone shows born in Livorno, would that mean the city of Livorno, or Livorno province? Thanks, Tlisti
Re: Livorno genealogy records
there are some online records (only to 1865) at the following website, but you need to determine whether you need the town of Livorno or a different town within the province of Livorno
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... i+Firenze/
Erudita
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... i+Firenze/
Erudita
Re: Livorno genealogy records
Thanks Erudita,
But, how can I find out what towns were in the province of Livorno in 1868? All I have is that they were born in Livorno from 1868 to 1872. And, are there any Livorno records on the Italian side of family search? I have found many Corleone records there, but nothing for Livorno...I am very possibly not looking in the right place.
These records show that the province of Livorno is in the state of Firenze. Is that right?
I am obviously confused. Thanks for any help.
But, how can I find out what towns were in the province of Livorno in 1868? All I have is that they were born in Livorno from 1868 to 1872. And, are there any Livorno records on the Italian side of family search? I have found many Corleone records there, but nothing for Livorno...I am very possibly not looking in the right place.
These records show that the province of Livorno is in the state of Firenze. Is that right?
I am obviously confused. Thanks for any help.
Re: Livorno genealogy records
yes before of Italy union (1866) Livorno was a town in the Grand Duchy of Tuscany ( Firenze was the capital no the state).. I believe that Livorno town was the birthplace.. on line are just the records of jews in Livorno http://www.italian-family-history.com/j ... vorno.html
on familysearch no Livorno civil records microfilmed, but maybe the Livorno Archive of State can help you by a search in the military draft cards [Ufficio leva militare - classi (1842-1941)], so you can know the birthplace...
it can be helpful to send a email http://www.archiviodistatolivorno.benic ... llistituto
asking a search... if possible....
suanj
on familysearch no Livorno civil records microfilmed, but maybe the Livorno Archive of State can help you by a search in the military draft cards [Ufficio leva militare - classi (1842-1941)], so you can know the birthplace...
it can be helpful to send a email http://www.archiviodistatolivorno.benic ... llistituto
asking a search... if possible....
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Livorno genealogy records
Looking for someone knowledgeable about obtaining genealogy records in Livorno. Does anyone have a contact there? I have good starting point, with names of my great grandparents and dates of their marriage, birth, etc. ...Looking for the names of their parents. I appreciate any contact info. I will pay reasonably.
- giunti.matteo
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 25 Feb 2010, 05:37
- Contact:
Re: Livorno genealogy records
Hello,
I am an experienced Livorno-based genealogist fluent in different languages. I can help if you need.
I am an experienced Livorno-based genealogist fluent in different languages. I can help if you need.
-
James Snavely
- Veteran

- Posts: 120
- Joined: 24 Feb 2015, 04:30
Re: Livorno genealogy records
*Leghorn
- joetucciarone
- Elite

- Posts: 498
- Joined: 03 Jun 2012, 22:28
- Location: Cocoa, Florida
Re: Livorno genealogy records
Hi James . . . your one-word post, "Leghorn", refers to something I just discovered a few days ago. For years, I had seen the name "Leghorn" as the point of origination of some ships coming to the U.S. in the late 1800s. I just found that "Leghorn" referred to the port of "Livorno".


