Finding Birth, Marriage records in Trapani
Re: Finding Birth, Marriage records in Trapani
Wow, this is just to much! I started in 1914 and got up to page 151 when I saw your note...Thank you ever so much! Jack
Re: Finding Birth, Marriage records in Trapani
This is wonderful! Thank you so much, jack
Re: Finding Birth, Marriage records in Trapani
Glad to help! 
T.
T.
Re: Finding Birth, Marriage records in Trapani
Ok, maybe someone would be willing to help me with the finer points of this marriage record. I was looking through the 10 year index and found Maria's name followed by her fathers name - Matteo. I took a chance, found the record and it was all in long hand. I think these are the records that are done when some one is away from home, hmmm, I guess I just don't remember any more.
But here are what I believe are the basics, Record #70, marriage between Vito D'Angelo (age 18) and Maria Gervasi (can't kae out age). She definitely has both Matteo and Anna Pellegrino as parents, so I feel that I can add her to my list.
Here's the link, I'll appreciate whatever you can send along, thanx, Jack
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
But here are what I believe are the basics, Record #70, marriage between Vito D'Angelo (age 18) and Maria Gervasi (can't kae out age). She definitely has both Matteo and Anna Pellegrino as parents, so I feel that I can add her to my list.
Here's the link, I'll appreciate whatever you can send along, thanx, Jack
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Re: Finding Birth, Marriage records in Trapani
#70
Dated 9 Octobeer 1918 at 11:30 AM at the house posted at Via Giardineto(?) #43 in Borgo Annunziata
Looks like Maria Gervasi was ill and could not come to the town office for the celebration of marriage, and so it took place at her home...
Vito D'Angelo, single, age 18, shepherd, born in Marsala, residing in Trapani; son of Pietro [D'Angelo] and of Maria Fidone(sp?), residents of Trapani
AND
Maria Gervasi, single, age 26, housewife born in Monte S. Giuliano, residing in Trapani; daughter of Matteo and of Angela Pellegrino, residents in Trapani,
have requested to be joined in marriage and have presented the necessary documents which are written below, including the act of publication of the banns which the official has seen and entered into the allegati (attachments), and then celebrated the marriage asking each spouse if he/she takes the other, by the laws of the Civil Code... if the groom takes for his wife Maria Gervasi, and if the bride takes for her husband Vito D'Angelo,.
Present as witnesses to the act were Antonio Norrito, 64, shoemaker; and Rosario Ciesco, 25, mason; Concetta Pellegrino, 48, housewife; Maria Cirrone, 27, housewife; all residents of this town.
Documents presented:
Certificate of the publication of the banns on 6th of the month.
Present also were the parents of the groom who consented as stated in the banns.
Those who could... signed with the official. The others were illiterate.
T.
Dated 9 Octobeer 1918 at 11:30 AM at the house posted at Via Giardineto(?) #43 in Borgo Annunziata
Looks like Maria Gervasi was ill and could not come to the town office for the celebration of marriage, and so it took place at her home...
Vito D'Angelo, single, age 18, shepherd, born in Marsala, residing in Trapani; son of Pietro [D'Angelo] and of Maria Fidone(sp?), residents of Trapani
AND
Maria Gervasi, single, age 26, housewife born in Monte S. Giuliano, residing in Trapani; daughter of Matteo and of Angela Pellegrino, residents in Trapani,
have requested to be joined in marriage and have presented the necessary documents which are written below, including the act of publication of the banns which the official has seen and entered into the allegati (attachments), and then celebrated the marriage asking each spouse if he/she takes the other, by the laws of the Civil Code... if the groom takes for his wife Maria Gervasi, and if the bride takes for her husband Vito D'Angelo,.
Present as witnesses to the act were Antonio Norrito, 64, shoemaker; and Rosario Ciesco, 25, mason; Concetta Pellegrino, 48, housewife; Maria Cirrone, 27, housewife; all residents of this town.
Documents presented:
Certificate of the publication of the banns on 6th of the month.
Present also were the parents of the groom who consented as stated in the banns.
Those who could... signed with the official. The others were illiterate.
T.
Re: Finding Birth, Marriage records in Trapani
Thank you - I really appreciate your help. Jack

