Birth and Marriage certificates for grandparents
Re: Birth and Marriage certificates for grandparents
When I inquire for the birth certificates in Italy, can I assume that a photo copy of my driver's license or passport will suffice?
- TerraLavoro
- Elite

- Posts: 398
- Joined: 03 Jun 2014, 20:05
- Location: California
Re: Birth and Marriage certificates for grandparents
Yes. They usually specify "a valid i.d. document". Either should be fine.
TerraLavoro
Re: Birth and Marriage certificates for grandparents
Can I include my wife and 3 adult children in this request for dual citizenship and share the documents?
Gaeton
Gaeton
- TerraLavoro
- Elite

- Posts: 398
- Joined: 03 Jun 2014, 20:05
- Location: California
Re: Birth and Marriage certificates for grandparents
It will depend on the consulate, and on if your adult children are living in the same area covered by the consulate responsible for your state of residence.
I know you mentioned the honorary consulate in Hawaii, but have you confirmed with them that they will be able to accept your application?
My hunch is that you will have to apply in person in San Francisco. Let us know if you have been informed otherwise.
I know you mentioned the honorary consulate in Hawaii, but have you confirmed with them that they will be able to accept your application?
My hunch is that you will have to apply in person in San Francisco. Let us know if you have been informed otherwise.
TerraLavoro
- TerraLavoro
- Elite

- Posts: 398
- Joined: 03 Jun 2014, 20:05
- Location: California
Re: Birth and Marriage certificates for grandparents
This from S.F. Consulate web site:
GENERAL INFORMATION
Residents of the State of Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, American Territories of Samoa, Guam, Marshall Islands, Marianna Islands and California, EXCEPT for the following Counties: San Luis Obispo, Kern, San Bernardino, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, Riverside, San Diego, Imperial Valley, and Orange (residents of the named Counties must apply through the Italian Consulate in Los Angeles) have to submit in person their application for acquisition or recognition of Italian citizenship at the Consulate General of Italy – 2590 Webster St. – San Francisco, CA - 94115 - cittadinanza.sanfrancisco@esteri.it
GENERAL INFORMATION
Residents of the State of Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, American Territories of Samoa, Guam, Marshall Islands, Marianna Islands and California, EXCEPT for the following Counties: San Luis Obispo, Kern, San Bernardino, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, Riverside, San Diego, Imperial Valley, and Orange (residents of the named Counties must apply through the Italian Consulate in Los Angeles) have to submit in person their application for acquisition or recognition of Italian citizenship at the Consulate General of Italy – 2590 Webster St. – San Francisco, CA - 94115 - cittadinanza.sanfrancisco@esteri.it
TerraLavoro
Re: Birth and Marriage certificates for grandparents
I thought so. Basically the honorary consul here stamps the visa applications but you still have to send the papers and passport to S.F. for final approval. Thank you.
Re: Birth and Marriage certificates for grandparents
A question on the requests for Italian birth certificates. Can I send the requests letters via email to Comune di Notaresco or do I have to send them hard copies via mail? Thank you. You have been so helpful in this process. I'm sure I'll have more questions before this ends.
- TerraLavoro
- Elite

- Posts: 398
- Joined: 03 Jun 2014, 20:05
- Location: California
Re: Birth and Marriage certificates for grandparents
Again, depends. Some towns are happy to respond to an email request. Other towns might require that you send a letter snail mail, include a pre-addressed return envelope for them to use, even pay for postage.
Try email first (include a copy of your I.d.) and see if they respond. If you hear nothing after 30 days, then try a fax and/or snail mail. Although they are required by law to provide you with the "estratto", some are more responsive than others.
Try email first (include a copy of your I.d.) and see if they respond. If you hear nothing after 30 days, then try a fax and/or snail mail. Although they are required by law to provide you with the "estratto", some are more responsive than others.
TerraLavoro
Re: Birth and Marriage certificates for grandparents
I have a photocopy of my grandfather's "United States of America Petition for Naturalization" signed and stamped. The date is 3 years after my father was born. Is that what they're looking for?
Thank you.
Thank you.
- TerraLavoro
- Elite

- Posts: 398
- Joined: 03 Jun 2014, 20:05
- Location: California
Re: Birth and Marriage certificates for grandparents
The best advice is for you to read the requirements with respect to Naturalization from the San Francisco Consulate's web site.
I applied in LA, and provided the Certificate of Naturalization that I obtained from the genealogy program of the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) in Washington, as well as a "red-ribbon-gold seal" copy of my GF's entire Naturalization file that I obtained from the NARA.
This might have been a bit of overkill, so to save you any unnecessary effort or expense, you really should rely on the Consulate's instuctions.
I applied in LA, and provided the Certificate of Naturalization that I obtained from the genealogy program of the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) in Washington, as well as a "red-ribbon-gold seal" copy of my GF's entire Naturalization file that I obtained from the NARA.
This might have been a bit of overkill, so to save you any unnecessary effort or expense, you really should rely on the Consulate's instuctions.
TerraLavoro
Re: Birth and Marriage certificates for grandparents
Thank you. I ordered copies today from USCIS.
Re: Birth and Marriage certificates for grandparents
When emailing questions to the Consulate in San Francisco, can they be written in English?
Thank you.
Thank you.
help
Looking to get records on my husband's Great and Great Great Grandparents from Di Compagnano Di Roma Italy. Any suggestions on where to email of write? His Italian Great Grandparents immigrated to US around 1904.
Looking for the following birth, baptismal, marriage, death, etc.
Looking for the following records:
Birth, marriage, death
Giuseppe Mazzarini - born between 1875-1877
Annita Polmonari - born between 1878-1880
Domenico Mazzarini - born around 1845 (parents ?)
Anna Narcisi - born around 1848 (parents ?)
Giacomo Polmonari
Maria Baglioni
Not sure if there is one diocese or church with records I could email for this town but would so appreciate any assistance.
Warm Regards
Regina Sass
USA
Sent from my iPad
Looking for the following birth, baptismal, marriage, death, etc.
Looking for the following records:
Birth, marriage, death
Giuseppe Mazzarini - born between 1875-1877
Annita Polmonari - born between 1878-1880
Domenico Mazzarini - born around 1845 (parents ?)
Anna Narcisi - born around 1848 (parents ?)
Giacomo Polmonari
Maria Baglioni
Not sure if there is one diocese or church with records I could email for this town but would so appreciate any assistance.
Warm Regards
Regina Sass
USA
Sent from my iPad
Re: Birth and Marriage certificates for grandparents
Hi All,
I am also searching for my Grandparents official birth certificates and marriage certificates, Menotti Faiella and Serafina Debenedictus Faiella both of which I believe occurred in either Prezza or Sulmona, in Laquila, Abbruzzo. Also for dual citizenship, any assistance or guidance is greatly appreciated.
I am also searching for my Grandparents official birth certificates and marriage certificates, Menotti Faiella and Serafina Debenedictus Faiella both of which I believe occurred in either Prezza or Sulmona, in Laquila, Abbruzzo. Also for dual citizenship, any assistance or guidance is greatly appreciated.
Re: Birth and Marriage certificates for grandparents
I am also a novice in this endeavor. There are people on this site with a great deal of experience and knowledge that will probably come forward and help you out. Start your own topic. Good luck.
