I have a coat of arms that I am trying to identify. It has been in the family 1400s-1500s.
The description and history behind it comes from heraldic books from 1650 to 1680 . And that information came from the archives of Johan Kruckow who married into my family.
The shield is described as follows : 9 yellow lilies on a blue background , with a lily on the helmet . ( 3,3,2,1 ) They also used 9 white lilies on a red background .
It is said that the family's first origin came from the Kingdom of Naples. And that they had come with Kong " egret " into the country , Norway and Sweden .
" Herge " is most likely King Eric of Pomerian . He was going on a pilgrimage to Jerusalem from 1424 to 1426 . We know now that at least 1 aristocrat went with him back to Sweden , and that was Ivan Anz Frankopan who were there for 8 years.
King Eric was in Naples and Venice.
http://old.genealogi.no/flip_books/birg ... geNumber=2 (page 12/13)
http://www.croatianhistory.net/etf/ibler.pdf
Unfortunately I have no name that can identify this noble who came to Scandinavians.
A herald geneticist suggested family Balbi, but the Crest had only 6 lilies. But they were supposedly from Venice.
I found only information about Balbi family of Genoa online , and they have another Coat of arms .
Pietro Querini and his friends have been in my mind too. They were in Vadstena in 1432.
Can anyone help me identify the coat of arms ?
I will be forever grateful !
Best wishes
Gunn-Heidi
Norway

