Translation of letters from Fondi, Italy
Translation of letters from Fondi, Italy
I finally received a letter from Fondi regarding my great grandfather Alessandro Inglese. I am so happy. Could someone translate this for me so I know what it says and if it gives me any helpgul information. Thanks.
Kim
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9713/fondiletter5mn.jpg
http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/5343/f ... er24aa.jpg
Kim
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9713/fondiletter5mn.jpg
http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/5343/f ... er24aa.jpg
Re: Translation of letters from Fondi, Italy
Hi Kim,
For simple translation, especially when typewritten and you can read it try:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr
You can often get the gist of what is written.
When I put your first image in this site, I believe it saying they received your fax and telling you to send 5.00 Euro's and a self addressed envelope per request.
Second image is saying there is Alessandro INGLESE born in that comune (Fondi) on January 1, 1893 at 7:20 without notes made in the margin.
I am working on my Italian, so hopefully Suanj or someone will confirm.
For simple translation, especially when typewritten and you can read it try:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr
You can often get the gist of what is written.
When I put your first image in this site, I believe it saying they received your fax and telling you to send 5.00 Euro's and a self addressed envelope per request.
Second image is saying there is Alessandro INGLESE born in that comune (Fondi) on January 1, 1893 at 7:20 without notes made in the margin.
I am working on my Italian, so hopefully Suanj or someone will confirm.
Re: Translation of letters from Fondi, Italy
VaDeb,
Thanks so much. That is way better than what I came up with. Hopefully suanj will confirm like you said. Thanks again.
Kim
Thanks so much. That is way better than what I came up with. Hopefully suanj will confirm like you said. Thanks again.
Kim
Re: Translation of letters from Fondi, Italy
Hi Kim, also are an error typing in the birthact: the document data is Fondi 05 dicembre(december) 200005...when a futuristic document is said.... ehehe ....however... the document no helpful for citizenship request, because are this error date but only for genealogy research... suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Translation of letters from Fondi, Italy
Hi Kim,
VaDeb was right...
It refers to the subject 'oggetto' and your document request 'invio documento'.
Further to your faxed request for a birth extract of Allessandro Inglese on 16 Nov 2005. We are able to present you with a copy of the same document if you can provide a reply paid envelope 'busta affrancata' and the fee of 5 euros to cover the adminitration 'diritti di segretaria'.
Regards
Michael
VaDeb was right...
It refers to the subject 'oggetto' and your document request 'invio documento'.
Further to your faxed request for a birth extract of Allessandro Inglese on 16 Nov 2005. We are able to present you with a copy of the same document if you can provide a reply paid envelope 'busta affrancata' and the fee of 5 euros to cover the adminitration 'diritti di segretaria'.
Regards
Michael
Re: Translation of letters from Fondi, Italy
Debbie is also correct on the second image...
Michael
Michael
Re: Translation of letters from Fondi, Italy
VaDeb is very able with italian language!!!phishfood wrote:VaDeb,
Thanks so much. That is way better than what I came up with. Hopefully suanj will confirm like you said. Thanks again.
Kim
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Translation of letters from Fondi, Italy
Hi All,
Thanks for the help. So is this a birth act that they sent me or do I have to pay the 5.00 Euros to get it? If not, what is the 5.00 euros for and do I still pay it?
Suanj said something about a citizenship request. What is that? I am only wanting this for geneaological purposes. This is the great grandfather that I am trying to figure out who is REAL parents are. He was unofficially adopted. Let me know on the above is possible. Thanks again.
Kim
Thanks for the help. So is this a birth act that they sent me or do I have to pay the 5.00 Euros to get it? If not, what is the 5.00 euros for and do I still pay it?
Suanj said something about a citizenship request. What is that? I am only wanting this for geneaological purposes. This is the great grandfather that I am trying to figure out who is REAL parents are. He was unofficially adopted. Let me know on the above is possible. Thanks again.
Kim
Re: Translation of letters from Fondi, Italy
If you want the birth act, you should send the 5 Euro's and self addressed and stamped envelope. They provided confirmation that the record with the listed name and date is there.
Re: Translation of letters from Fondi, Italy
VaDeb,
OK, I will send the money and the SASE. Thanks and I will let you know how it goes. Do I write back saying I want the birth act or do I enclose what they gave me? If so, can someone help me with that in Italian since I am terrible at it.
Kim
OK, I will send the money and the SASE. Thanks and I will let you know how it goes. Do I write back saying I want the birth act or do I enclose what they gave me? If so, can someone help me with that in Italian since I am terrible at it.
Kim
Re: Translation of letters from Fondi, Italy
I think if you enclose a copy of what they sent you and write yes and please on it they will understand.
Make sure you send the fee in Euro's.
Use this site to generate a form letter with your request to make sure they know what you want.
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp
Make sure you send the fee in Euro's.
Use this site to generate a form letter with your request to make sure they know what you want.
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp
Re: Translation of letters from Fondi, Italy
VaDeb,
I will do so and thank you so much for your help
Have a great weekend!!!
Kim
I will do so and thank you so much for your help
Kim
Re: Translation of letters from Fondi, Italy
well, the info that are in this recent birthact (and that you already knew from 1998 since) is right for genealogic search..phishfood wrote:
Suanj said something about a citizenship request. What is that? I am only wanting this for geneaological purposes. This is the great grandfather that I am trying to figure out who is REAL parents are. He was unofficially adopted. Let me know on the above is possible. Thanks again.
Kim
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Translation of letters from Fondi, Italy
So if I send the Euro's tomorrow will they just be giving me the same copy of what I have or will it be different? The whole purpose of this is to try to locate who is real parents are. Suanj knows the story and requested that I write Fondi.
Kim
Kim
Letter to Fondi
Another quick question. Which of the 2 addresses do I send my response to?
Servizi Demografici
Piazza della Repubblica n. 6
04022 Fondi (LT)
Italy
OR
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Fondi
04022 FONDI LT
ITALY
Servizi Demografici
Piazza della Repubblica n. 6
04022 Fondi (LT)
Italy
OR
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Fondi
04022 FONDI LT
ITALY


