I'm looking for some help getting a birth certificate for my great grandmother. I have her name, date of birth and city of birth (Bovino). How can I acquire her birth certificate?
I live in the States and I don't speak Italian. Any help is appreciated!
Bovino birth certificate from 1898
Re: Bovino birth certificate from 1898
The online records of Bovino are nil
Is it for citizenship or family research? If just research then
I would rent the Family History Library microfilms of Bovino that can be viewed and copied at a FHL center near you
Registri dello stato civile di Bovino,1809-1924 Births, marriages, banns, marriage documents, deaths including indexes I would start with the birth record film:
Nati 1876-1885 Indice decennale 1886-1895 Nati 1886-1899 #1804641
FAMILY HISTORY LOCATOR
https://familysearch.org/locations/centerlocator
ORDERING FILMS FROM FHL
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... ory_Center
ABOUT ITALIAN RECORDS
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... al_Records
ONLINE CLASS FOR TRANSLATING ITALIAN RECORDS
https://familysearch.org/learningcenter ... 22Italy%22
FILMS FROM FHL OF BOVINO
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library
Marty
Is it for citizenship or family research? If just research then
I would rent the Family History Library microfilms of Bovino that can be viewed and copied at a FHL center near you
Registri dello stato civile di Bovino,1809-1924 Births, marriages, banns, marriage documents, deaths including indexes I would start with the birth record film:
Nati 1876-1885 Indice decennale 1886-1895 Nati 1886-1899 #1804641
FAMILY HISTORY LOCATOR
https://familysearch.org/locations/centerlocator
ORDERING FILMS FROM FHL
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... ory_Center
ABOUT ITALIAN RECORDS
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... al_Records
ONLINE CLASS FOR TRANSLATING ITALIAN RECORDS
https://familysearch.org/learningcenter ... 22Italy%22
FILMS FROM FHL OF BOVINO
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty

