Carbone and Farace & Leone /Tatti
Re: Carbone and Farace & Leone /Tatti
These other people have Giuseppas mother Anna santucci as having a brother sante Vincenzo..same parents as you found and married to egiddio. The other has her married to egidio with a child named carmine but birth and death in salerno campagnia... I think somethings off but not sure which theirs or mine
Re: Carbone and Farace & Leone /Tatti
Those trees may be using information from family stories and not genealogical research.
ANYONE can create a tree on Ancestry...
Be careful using them.
T.
ANYONE can create a tree on Ancestry...
Be careful using them.
T.
Re: Carbone and Farace & Leone /Tatti
So do you think the Gisueppa you found is the correct person? My gut tells me yes because none of the other people made sense... Unfortunately without a marriage certificate to Pietro I don't know for sure... Would that possible be on microfilm?
Re: Carbone and Farace & Leone /Tatti
I believe you will need to write to the Comune to request the marriage record. 
Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via Nazionale
67030 Civitella Alfedena (AQ)
ITALY
Here is the birth act of Anna Giuseppa Santucci (found in the marriage and birth acts I posted above)... for reference purposes.
Anna Giuseppa Santucci was born in 1817 to Francesco Santucci (37) and Stefania Spagnolo (33).
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
T.
Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via Nazionale
67030 Civitella Alfedena (AQ)
ITALY
Here is the birth act of Anna Giuseppa Santucci (found in the marriage and birth acts I posted above)... for reference purposes.
Anna Giuseppa Santucci was born in 1817 to Francesco Santucci (37) and Stefania Spagnolo (33).
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
T.
Re: Carbone and Farace & Leone /Tatti
Also for reference purposes...
Here is the marriage of Anna Santucci's brother...Santo Luigi Vincenzo Santucci (age 31) in 1842 to Anna Cocuzzo.
He is the son of Francescantonio Santucci and Stefania Spagnoli.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Santo was born about 1811, and the records begin in 1816 online.
So I am unable to retrieve a birth act for him.
Here is a sister of Giuseppa Antonucci.... Erica Antonia Antonucci born in 1846
Father: Egiddio Antonucci, 32, laborer
Mother: Anna Santucci, 30, spinner
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 0.jpg.html
And.. a brother of Giuseppa Antonucci... Potito Antonio Antonucci born in 1847
on 20 July to Egiddio Antonucci, age 35; and to Anna Santucci, age 30 (you can see that these ages are very fluid in the records...
)
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Another brother of Giuseppa Antonucci... Antonio Carmine Antonucci born on 16 July 1849.
Father: Egiddio Antonucci, 35 (
)
Mother: Anna Santucci, 33
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Another brother.... Carmine Angelo Antonucci born 20 July 1851
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
T.
Here is the marriage of Anna Santucci's brother...Santo Luigi Vincenzo Santucci (age 31) in 1842 to Anna Cocuzzo.
He is the son of Francescantonio Santucci and Stefania Spagnoli.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Santo was born about 1811, and the records begin in 1816 online.
So I am unable to retrieve a birth act for him.
Here is a sister of Giuseppa Antonucci.... Erica Antonia Antonucci born in 1846
Father: Egiddio Antonucci, 32, laborer
Mother: Anna Santucci, 30, spinner
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 0.jpg.html
And.. a brother of Giuseppa Antonucci... Potito Antonio Antonucci born in 1847
on 20 July to Egiddio Antonucci, age 35; and to Anna Santucci, age 30 (you can see that these ages are very fluid in the records...
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Another brother of Giuseppa Antonucci... Antonio Carmine Antonucci born on 16 July 1849.
Father: Egiddio Antonucci, 35 (
Mother: Anna Santucci, 33
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Another brother.... Carmine Angelo Antonucci born 20 July 1851
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
T.
Re: Carbone and Farace & Leone /Tatti
Wow! Thank you, this is a big family. It seems as though the Antonucci family made up a lot of the town. I just hope this is the one. I am going to take your advice and write to the commune. What is the chance they will reply and how much can I ask for at once? I want the marriage cert of Pietro and Josephine and I also want the birth certs of the children.. will that be too much for them? I will also be doing the same for family in Luca since I don't believe those are online either as that is the one arm of the family that is unreachable. Thank you Andrea
Re: Carbone and Farace & Leone /Tatti
Request just one or two records at a time...
I would ask for the marriage of Pietro and Giuseppa - giving whatever information you can about dates and children.
Sometimes you get lucky and they will send the birth acts of the children as well.
Good luck.
T.
I would ask for the marriage of Pietro and Giuseppa - giving whatever information you can about dates and children.
Sometimes you get lucky and they will send the birth acts of the children as well.
Good luck.
T.
Re: Carbone and Farace & Leone /Tatti
Hi, I'm getting ready to write the commune regarding the marriage of Pietro to Giuseppa.. The question is which commune his or hers? Would they have been married in his town or hers(if she in fact is not from Opi). I want to make sure I write to the one that will most likely have the answers. Since these towns were so small I'm not sure if they would each have their own church.
Re: Carbone and Farace & Leone /Tatti
Generally, the couple was married in the town of the bride.
HOWEVER, the banns would have been required to be posted in BOTH towns, so the town of Opi would have the "Pubblicazione di Matrimonio" record which would have indicated that the couple has asked to be married, and requesting that anyone who has opposition to the marriage say so.
Hope that helps
T.
HOWEVER, the banns would have been required to be posted in BOTH towns, so the town of Opi would have the "Pubblicazione di Matrimonio" record which would have indicated that the couple has asked to be married, and requesting that anyone who has opposition to the marriage say so.
Hope that helps
T.
Re: Carbone and Farace & Leone /Tatti
Thank you.. Can you please explain the banns? I really don't understand what this is
Re: Carbone and Farace & Leone /Tatti
Banns was the publication of the intention to marry by a coupld. This was posted on the door of the Civil Office in the town (where business was done) and where notifications were posted.
The posting of the intent to marry was required so that anyone who might have an objection to the marriage could present that objection before the marriage.
More info here:
https://translate.google.com/translate? ... rev=search
T.
The posting of the intent to marry was required so that anyone who might have an objection to the marriage could present that objection before the marriage.
More info here:
https://translate.google.com/translate? ... rev=search
T.
Re: Carbone and Farace & Leone /Tatti
Thank you, that makes sense. So where it states marriage banns were posted on x days is when the intent was posted then.. Correct? Each time you wrote that I thought that meant there was a ban during that time period ( no one could marry at those times) I'm glad I asked for clarification! Andrea
Re: Carbone and Farace & Leone /Tatti
I have been wondering what it would have meant in the social class hierarchy to have these jobs listed in these records above
Spinner
Laborer
Cultivator
Landowner
Shepard
Surveyor
Peasant
Would you please be able to tell tell me the Italian words for these?
Thank you
Andrea
Spinner
Laborer
Cultivator
Landowner
Shepard
Surveyor
Peasant
Would you please be able to tell tell me the Italian words for these?
Thank you
Andrea
Re: Carbone and Farace & Leone /Tatti
Here is a link to an index of Italian occupations and the English equivalents 
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.anc ... ngocc.html
T.
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.anc ... ngocc.html
T.
Re: Carbone and Farace & Leone /Tatti
One other thing I'm curious about.. It appears that most of the family has followed the naming traditions but a few have not. My great grandfather Palmerino Leone's grandfather was Pasquale... Either palmerino wasn't the first born or his name was derived from something (nickname for Pasquale)? His grandmother was Palma rosa (maybe named after her)?? Also his brother was nunziato but I don't see anyone in the tree with that name. Would they ever have been named after their mothers ( mother Nunziata).
Thank you
Thank you

