Vinciguerra's in Limatola

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Vinciguerra's in Limatola

Post by nuccia »

There's a few free websites that you might want to look into to help you with your research.

The link below is to rootsweb.com. It has over 360 people in the death index with your last name. Also, world connect has an Antonio in it. Maybe you can email the person who posted the info and see if they can help you in any way. Try the message boards as well...you never know what you might find.

http://resources.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/metasearch

You can also try http://www.kindredkonnections.com/ and www.genealogy.com. You can also try www.onegreatfamily.com. There are free trial periods on many websites too and software as well as forms to download to help you keep track of the data you're collecting. A word of advice, though. Before signing up for a free trial, get as much info as you can so you can make the best use of the subscription. Then you can figure out if you want to get a paid subscription or not.

And lastly, don't forget to come back to this forum and let us know your progress.

Nuccia :)
User avatar
dunnbv
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: 22 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: New York

Re: Vinciguerra's in Limatola

Post by dunnbv »

Dear Nuccia and MFJP....I hope I did not seem ungrateful....I am amazed at how much more information I have now than I did yesterday morning!! I had no idea, when I signed up for this forum that I would get so much information....we are just disappointed that there appears to be no Vinciguerra's left in Limatola. We are planning a trip to Italy in April and were going to stop there .....which I am sure we still will do. Do you have any suggestions on how I might find out where the relatives moved to...that sounds a little naive but .....I am not sure where to go from here since I am so new to this. I did check the map and then checked Caserta and Benevento and there are Vinciguerra's there but I suspect that this last name may be fairly common there....or do you think we could be all related?? I couldn't get on the Ellis Island site last nite....someone suggested I find out where all the Vinciguerra's originated from and then that may help to find them.....but doesn't that assume that all Vinciguerra's are related. ??? I have composed a letter and plan to send it to some of the officials in Limatola to see if they have any further information. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for all your help...you are awesome!!
Bernie Dunn
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Vinciguerra's in Limatola

Post by mfjp »

Yes... getting onto the Ellis site was a little nuts... not all images are viewing either.... even today....

I too was disappointed when I realised that the Vinciguerra's were no longer in Limatola... same with the Cervera's... and that's why I thought... they were originally from another town... but I am assuming all this...

Hey... still lots to discover...

Nuccia's given you some great links and encouragement... she'll be glad to read your post.

Thank you for your message... hope to check things out further...

Maria :P
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1061
Joined: 19 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: Vinciguerra's in Limatola

Post by brujaojos »

dunnbv wrote: Do you have any suggestions on how I might find out where the relatives moved to...that sounds a little naive but .....I am not sure where to go from here since I am so new to this. I did check the map and then checked Caserta and Benevento and there are Vinciguerra's there but I suspect that this last name may be fairly common there....or do you think we could be all related?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for all your help...you are awesome!!
Bernie Dunn

Hi Bernie,

This is a link to Infobel which is a telephone directory. This link shows over 2000 people with the surname Vinciguerra.
http://www.infobel.com/italy/wp/search/ ... earch.y=16

This is Infobel with using Caserta as a general location. There are 37 people with the same surname there.

http://www.infobel.com/italy/wp/search/ ... Search.y=0


There are only 8 people in Benevento area
http://www.infobel.com/italy/wp/search/ ... earch.y=11

If you want to write to these people, make sure you letter is in Italian and it's to the point. Here is a link that gives a sample letter when writing to a possible relative.

http://italiangenealogy.atspace.com/Dav ... #relatives

I hope this helps
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
User avatar
dunnbv
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: 22 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: New York

Re: Vinciguerra's in Limatola

Post by dunnbv »

This all is VERY helpful....now I need to find some time to do all this. I am trying to get my grandfather's(Biagio) death certificate to see if in fact his dad's name was Vincenzo. It seems logical tho. Our local city hall said I may not be able to get it because it hasn't been 50 years since he died. Ugh! Thanks again and I will let you know as I go along.
Grazia
Bernie
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1874
Joined: 04 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: TRENTO - ITALY
Contact:

Re: Vinciguerra's in Limatola

Post by ricbru »

dunnbv wrote:This all is VERY helpful....now I need to find some time to do all this. I am trying to get my grandfather's(Biagio) death certificate to see if in fact his dad's name was Vincenzo. It seems logical tho. Our local city hall said I may not be able to get it because it hasn't been 50 years since he died. Ugh! Thanks again and I will let you know as I go along.
Grazia
Bernie
The only way to see is father of Biagio is Vincenzo, request Biagio birth act to:

Ufficio Stato Civile
Comune di Limatola
via Roma 1
82030 Limatola BN
Italy

bye Riccardo :lol:
User avatar
queenb50z
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 04 Jun 2008, 22:50

Re: Vinciguerra's in Limatola

Post by queenb50z »

Am also looking for Vinciguerra, Anna, probably from Limatola. Father was Vincenzo. She was born 3/15/1895 and arrived in the US 11/13/1912 on the SS AMerica out of Naples.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
User avatar
BillieDeKid
Master
Master
Posts: 1207
Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: Illinois

Re: Vinciguerra's in Limatola

Post by BillieDeKid »

queenb50z wrote:Am also looking for Vinciguerra, Anna, probably from Limatola. Father was Vincenzo. She was born 3/15/1895 and arrived in the US 11/13/1912 on the SS AMerica out of Naples.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
For reference. 1912 manifest for Anna Vinciguerra - line 17. Manifest states she was from Limatola, father Vincenzo still in italy and going to her sister (can't read the first name....starts with a C) and can't read her sisters address. Also, the two people above her on lines 16 and 15 are from Limatola also so I'm assuming they were traveling together (possible relations ?)

page 1
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0017
page 2
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0017

Hope this helps
Post Reply