Can someone help me find the 1930 census of my great grandfather in New Orleans, La?
Or any directories of Antonino from 1930 in New Orleans...
It would help me in my family research trying to find out when his wife died and where.... she was in the 1920's census with him in New Orleans and then she disappeared...
My family was always told she never came to USA with her husband and son Giuseppe but the census' show different and I want to find out where she died and when...
Antonino "Anthony" Murana also called Tony on some records...
b. July 3 1870 In Vicari and d. June 10, 1941 in New Orleans
His wife is Lucia "Lucy" Agozzino Murana
b. Sept 13, 1861 in Vicari d. ??
I was told Antonino was buried alone and I've been to his tomb and it only states his name on the tomb, I haven't called the cemetery and asked yet that's my next thing to do but my family told me he was the only one buried in his tomb...
Help finding 1930 census of Antonino "Anthony" Murana
- rjmichaels
- Rookie

- Posts: 90
- Joined: 22 Jan 2010, 07:40
Re: Help finding 1930 census of Antonino "Anthony" Murana
Have you gotten a copy of Giuseppe's 1923 marriage record? I have no experience with Louisiana records but some marriage records would provide information as to residence of parents (and would indicate if they were deceased). Also get the marriage record from the church; although, with a name like St. Patrick's, I doubt it was an Italian parish. Italian parishes usually recorded a lot more information. I will try to be creative in my search...Antonino's age seems reported wildy...although born in 1870, the 1920 gives 65 as his age. Any other aliases/misspellings that he may have been listed under?
Re: Help finding 1930 census of Antonino "Anthony" Murana
Thank you for your response.
I do have the marriage record from St. Patrick's church in New Orleans and it doesn't state if his mother is deceased, I just went and reread it just to make sure.
I also have the marriage certificate from The Louisiana Archives and again it doesn't state if his mother is deceased it just lists her as his mother..
This is so frustrating! I have Giuseppe's marriage photo which has his father in it but not his mother....
The Louisiana Archives would have Lucia's death certificate if she died here in Louisiana but she is not listed and I have tried all different ways of spelling her name.
Lucia is not listed in Vicari, Italy under deaths there either.
This is such a mystery..
Please help anyone!! Help find missing Lucia Agozzino Murana!! She is missing from 1921-1942
Her husband Antonino died in 1941 and his obituary states he is widowed so I know Lucia died before 1942.
And was last alive on the 1920 census with her husband...
I do have the marriage record from St. Patrick's church in New Orleans and it doesn't state if his mother is deceased, I just went and reread it just to make sure.
I also have the marriage certificate from The Louisiana Archives and again it doesn't state if his mother is deceased it just lists her as his mother..
This is so frustrating! I have Giuseppe's marriage photo which has his father in it but not his mother....
The Louisiana Archives would have Lucia's death certificate if she died here in Louisiana but she is not listed and I have tried all different ways of spelling her name.
Lucia is not listed in Vicari, Italy under deaths there either.
This is such a mystery..
Please help anyone!! Help find missing Lucia Agozzino Murana!! She is missing from 1921-1942
Her husband Antonino died in 1941 and his obituary states he is widowed so I know Lucia died before 1942.
And was last alive on the 1920 census with her husband...
Re: Help finding 1930 census of Antonino "Anthony" Murana
Well, it looks like she definitely immigrated... and arrived in New Orleans in 1904.My family was always told she never came to USA with her husband and son Giuseppe but the census' show different and I want to find out where she died and when...
Here is the passenger manifest listing Lucia Agozzino, age 43, from Vicari.
She is traveling with a 5 year old child named Giuseppe Murano, also from Vicari.
Destination: her husband, Antonino Murano in Plaquemine, LA.
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1916009
Lucia Agozzino
Louisiana, New Orleans Passenger Lists
Name Lucia Agozzino
Event Type Immigration
Event Date 1904
Event Place New Orleans, Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Gender Female
Age 43
Birth Year (Estimated) 1861
Ship Name Liguria
AND***
According to the marriage act of Antonino Murana and Lucia Agozzino - Antonino was born about 1855, and Lucia about 1861.
Record #7 - left side.
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613
Here is the arrival of Antonino Murana (born about 1856) in Louisiana in 1904.
Antonino Murano in the New Orleans, Passenger Lists, 1813-1963
Name: Antonino Murano
[Antonino Murana]
Arrival Date: 12 May 1904
Port of Arrival: United States
Birth Date: abt 1856
Age: 48
Gender: Male
Port of Departure: Palermo, Italy
Ship Name: Manilla
Last Residence: Italy
Race: Italian South (Italian)
Friend's Name: Antonino Patinella
Unfortunately, I am having no success in finding a 1930 US Census for Antonio Murana/o or Lucia Agozzino Murana/o
T.
Re: Help finding 1930 census of Antonino "Anthony" Murana
Thank you T. But I already had all of that info...
Re: Help finding 1930 census of Antonino "Anthony" Murana
Wasn't sure... since you listed Antonino's birth year at 1870London82 wrote:Thank you T. But I already had all of that info...
T.
Re: Help finding 1930 census of Antonino "Anthony" Murana
Thank you though
Re: Help finding 1930 census of Antonino "Anthony" Murana
Please help anyone!! Help find missing Lucia Agozzino Murana!! She is missing from 1921-1942
Her husband Antonino died in 1941 and his obituary states he is widowed so I know Lucia died before 1942.
And was last alive on the 1920 census with her husband...
Her husband Antonino died in 1941 and his obituary states he is widowed so I know Lucia died before 1942.
And was last alive on the 1920 census with her husband...
Re: Help finding 1930 census of Antonino "Anthony" Murana
Please help anyone!! Help find missing Lucia Agozzino Murana!! She is missing from 1921-1942
Her husband Antonino died in 1941 and his obituary states he is widowed so I know Lucia died before 1942.
And was last alive on the 1920 census with her husband...
Her husband Antonino died in 1941 and his obituary states he is widowed so I know Lucia died before 1942.
And was last alive on the 1920 census with her husband...
Re: Help finding 1930 census of Antonino "Anthony" Murana
Heres the same 1930 census ed area from the 1920 census no Antonio or Lucia living in that location in 1930
They lived next to Joe Accordo and family in the 1920 census
PG LINK
http://interactive.ancestry.com/6224/45 ... 4722_00813
Marty
They lived next to Joe Accordo and family in the 1920 census
PG LINK
http://interactive.ancestry.com/6224/45 ... 4722_00813
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Help finding 1930 census of Antonino "Anthony" Murana
Very interesting Marty.
Thanks,
Stephanie
Thanks,
Stephanie

