I'm looking for any information on my 3x Great grandmother Maria A'Matruto. I only saw her name once, in the 1915 NYS Census, in the household of her son-in-law, my 2x great grandfather, Francesco Proto. Her daughter's name was Filomena Proto nee Cretella. The info from the census is as follows:
Name: Mary A'Matruto (Married name Cretella)
Age: 85 (Born c.1830)
Years in US: 3 (Imm. c.1912)
POB: Italy, (Campania, most likely Naples)
By 1920 she wasn't living with them so she probably died. I've looked through manifests, census', NYC death indexes, and I just can't find her. If anyone can find any information on her, either in Italy or the US, preferably her death info in NYC, it would be much appreciated. I never heard of her until this one census, and it's made me crazy since..
Thanks SO much,
Erik
NY/Italian records for Maria A'Matruto
Re: NY/Italian records for Maria A'Matruto
I think this is her.
She went to the USA twice, in 1903 and 1913 (she was a widow):
http://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/p ... 5pZmVzdCI7
http://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/p ... 5pZmVzdCI7
Surname is Amatruda or Amatrudo, typical of Amalfi coast.
She was going to her daughter Trofimena (this is typical of Amalfi Coast, too) Cretella.
She went to the USA twice, in 1903 and 1913 (she was a widow):
http://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/p ... 5pZmVzdCI7
http://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/p ... 5pZmVzdCI7
Surname is Amatruda or Amatrudo, typical of Amalfi coast.
She was going to her daughter Trofimena (this is typical of Amalfi Coast, too) Cretella.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.

