I am looking for any information or connection with my great grandfather Antonio Salvatore. We believe he came from Loreto near Ancona as that is the information we have from his marriage to Mary Barry in New Zealand in 1854.
Antonio was a sailor who travelled to the Philippines and America before settling in Riverton, New Zealand as a fisherman.
Any information would be appreciated.
Thank you
Mikenz
Antonio Salvatore - Loreto near Ancona
Re: Antonio Salvatore - Loreto near Ancona
Hi,
you could show us marriage record? Maybe enlarged abt the birthplace... I have some doubt abt Loreto, because Salvatore is a surname of southern Italy especially, and maybe he coming from Loseto and no Loreto... and you can say us the his probable birth year and any further details?
Thanks,
suanj
you could show us marriage record? Maybe enlarged abt the birthplace... I have some doubt abt Loreto, because Salvatore is a surname of southern Italy especially, and maybe he coming from Loseto and no Loreto... and you can say us the his probable birth year and any further details?
Thanks,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
- Marcas
- Rookie

- Posts: 55
- Joined: 07 Apr 2013, 20:45
- Location: Marche (in picture: the Pope venerates Our Lady of Loreto in the real Loreto, which lies in Marche)
- Contact:
Re: Antonio Salvatore - Loreto near Ancona
Mr Mikenz,
The surname was present only in the form SALVATORI (notice the little diff) in and near Loreto since '700. I can enumerate not one, but several families carring surname SALVATORI around the 1840 period. Note that the amount of possible connections rise rapidly if the look for any SALVATORI near Ancona, Marche region.
As my pal said, I'll need more details about said Antonio to narrow it down to a probable one road to your ancestry.
Your sincerely,
The surname was present only in the form SALVATORI (notice the little diff) in and near Loreto since '700. I can enumerate not one, but several families carring surname SALVATORI around the 1840 period. Note that the amount of possible connections rise rapidly if the look for any SALVATORI near Ancona, Marche region.
As my pal said, I'll need more details about said Antonio to narrow it down to a probable one road to your ancestry.
Your sincerely,
-- Marcas
Expert in Marche region
Origins, surnames, emigrations, families, certificates of birth marriage and death...
Expert in Marche region
Origins, surnames, emigrations, families, certificates of birth marriage and death...

