I'm an Italian boy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: I'm an Italian boy

Post by nuccia »

Ok, so we keep looking...we'll see if something matches up. :(

What about the Artuso manifest I sent this morning? Does anything sound or look familiar? And the newspaper article...what did you think of that?

We need to find the right family before we can find the relatives still living. Do you remember any first names other than Giovanni and Francesco for bothe the Meduri's and the Artuso surnames?

Nuccia :D
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: I'm an Italian boy

Post by nuccia »

Francesco,

I wouldn't rule the 1910 census of Frank Meduri out just yet. The Malavenda's are from Gallina too and this person, Elenora went to Lyons Mountoun Clinton New York (where she was born originally) to be with her uncle Antonio Malavenda. Frank is living in Clinton with an Antonio...

Both Giovanni's went to see Francesco in Lyons Mountain..it somehow connects. We just have to figure it out.

Here's the manifest for Elenora.



First Name: Eleonora
Last Name: Malavenda
Ethnicity: USA Born
Last Place of Residence: Gallina, Italy
Date of Arrival: Jun 19, 1914
Age at Arrival: 25y Gender: F Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: France
Port of Departure: Le Havre
Manifest Line Number: 0005

page 2

page 1

She is travelling with Giuseppe Malavenda from Gallina going to see his brother Antonio.

Let me see if I can find Elenora or Giuseepe on a census and see if anything pops up.

Nuccia :)
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: I'm an Italian boy

Post by nuccia »

Orion,

Have you had time to go through the information we posted yesterday? What did you think?

Do you have any new names, cities, or information that would help us find your relatives in the US? Sometimes even the smallest bit of information can make a difference!

Let us know!

Nuccia :D
User avatar
orion
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: 06 Feb 2006, 00:00

Re: I'm an Italian boy

Post by orion »

Sorry, sorry. :roll: There is the time zone. I'm reading now your messages. :D My grandfhater told me some names. COSTANTINO, CILIONE, ARTUSO. He don't know they exsactly, but my grandfhater told me that these ARTUSO OR COSTANTINO OR CILIONE were already stayng there. (Quando il mio bisnonno arrivò, i suoi parenti(ARTUSO O COSTANTINO O CILIONE) vivevano già lì da tanto tempo. Perciò, secondo me, bisognerebbe guardare questi nomi tra il 1882 e il 1900.
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: I'm an Italian boy

Post by nuccia »

Hi Orion,

Sorry, I'm having trouble with ancestry site but I was able to get this information so far on the surname Costantino from New York.

Ancestry.com Research Registry Recordinfo
about Constantino/Costantino
Surname: Constantino/Costantino
Location: Schenectady, New York, USA/Italy
Submitter:
Comments: was married to StephenGuglielmo, 3girls: Mary, Rose, Antoinette, see below for sons & a Bro. Anthony

Ancestry.com Research Registry Recordinfo
about Constantino/Costantino
Surname: Constantino/Costantino
Location: Schenectady, New York, USA/Italy
Submitter:
Comments: married to Stephen Guglielmo,, 5sons Jerry,Joe,Fred, Stephen,&Nicholas,mid 1880- mid 1900?

I can't follow up on the information until I can get access to ancestry.

Is anyone else having a problem logging into this site?

Nuccia :(
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: I'm an Italian boy

Post by nuccia »

Hi Orion,

Here's a link to the white pages in New York. If you insert a surname(and first name if you know one) and then the state, you can find people with the surnames you mentioned living there. Maybe you'll get lucky and something will register.

http://www.whitepages.com/

Nuccia :D
User avatar
orion
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: 06 Feb 2006, 00:00

Re: I'm an Italian boy

Post by orion »

Thank you, Nuccia. You are a beautiful person. Non so esprimermi bene in Inglese. Però ti ringrazio veramente tanto per il tuo interessamento. Sei stata una persona molto gentile. Non devi preoccuparti per me. Adesso vedo se riesco a trovare qualcosa. Hai fatto pure troppo per me. Se un giorno dovessi venire a Reggio Calabria, ti farei da guida. Call me Ciccio. :D
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: I'm an Italian boy

Post by nuccia »

Your welcome, Cicco!

If I make it to Italy I will look you up and we will go have Gelato!

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
larrym
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 22 Feb 2011, 05:21

Re: I'm an Italian boy

Post by larrym »

italian boy- seen your postage dated 2006- i too posted an inquiry but in
ancestors gen. some 6-7 yrs ago...my dad's father(lorenzo) and his brother(domenico) came to the united states about 1905-1910.they were I believe from galina...their fathers name was polao(paul) mothers name giavanna(gattuso)....my dads father was in a bad accident about 1921...never recovered died in 1928- his brother domenico returned to
italy some time before or after...was married to a saveria...but left to italy quite suddenly...they lorenzo and domenico were some pair...very ambitious...had every type business...but only excelled at gambling...when lorenzo(milo) died...domenico abrubtly left...i have a letter from their parents...they had family but not sure if any more sisters or brothers...in the letter there is mentioned of a teresa...my dad during world war 2..in the army was in italy and went to see his uncle domenico...whom lived in the upper region in galina, calabria italy...whom had a shoe repair shop and bussiness...my name is larry maduri...named changed 1916.
Post Reply