I am looking for more details on the above names. What I have is pretty scarce.
Luigi Ercoli b.01 Jan 1881 Avigliano, Potenza, Basilicata, Italy
d. 12 Feb 1936 Waterbury, New Haven, Connecticut, USA (my grandfather)
m. Jennie D'Adezzio b.16 Nov 1894 Avigliano, Potenza, Basilicata, Italy
d. 19 Jun 1967 Waterbury, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Great- Paternal -Grandfather was Domenico Ercoli Sturno, Avellino, Campania, Italy (that's all I know about him)
Great Maternal - Grandfather was Francisco D'Adezzio Avigliano, Potenza, Basilicata, Italy
m. Maria Paolo Zaccagnini Avigliano, Potenza, Basilicata, Italy (that's all I know about them)
If anyone has any connections or insight into these names. Please contact me at famiglietti49@yahoo.com
I have been stuck at this point for over 10 yrs now.
thanks!
Rich
Ercoli - D'Adezzio - Zaccagnini
-
famiglietti49
- Newbie

- Posts: 6
- Joined: 28 Apr 2014, 21:30
- Location: Tucson, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Ercoli - D'Adezzio - Zaccagnini
Looked at Avigliano, Potenza civil records online 1880- 1884 didn't see Luigi Ercoli b.01 Jan 1881 Avigliano, Potenza, Basilicata, Italy sure that's the right info
Marty
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Ercoli - D'Adezzio - Zaccagnini
There seems to be something amiss with the information supplied here. I spent some time yesterday looking at the online records and found no record for neither Luigi nor Jennie. I did however find the following which is possibly either Jennie herself, or her sister:
Birth No 90: Angela Maria Addezio
Avigliano: Born 5 February 1894
Parents: Francesco Addezio, 32 yo,
Mother: Maria Ippolita Zaccagnini
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043547
I also looked at the marriage records hoping to find Jennie's parents and noticed that there were several years either missing or maybe they are out of order. It would be helpful to see the records/sources from which the information posted here has been extracted.
Angela:-0
Birth No 90: Angela Maria Addezio
Avigliano: Born 5 February 1894
Parents: Francesco Addezio, 32 yo,
Mother: Maria Ippolita Zaccagnini
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043547
I also looked at the marriage records hoping to find Jennie's parents and noticed that there were several years either missing or maybe they are out of order. It would be helpful to see the records/sources from which the information posted here has been extracted.
Angela:-0
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Marriage Bann Francesco D'Addezio e Maria Ippolita Zaccagnini
1888 Marriage Bann No 46: Francesco D'Addezio and Maria Ippolita Zaccagnini
Avigliano: 3 March 1888
Prospective Groom: Francesco D'Addezio, 25yo, Porcaro (swineherd), residing Avigliano, (but born in Palazzo San Gervasio), son of the late Antonio, Porcaro (swineherd), who resided in Palazzo San Gervasio when alive, and son of the late Crescenzia Di Piar...?, filatrice, who also resided in Palazzo San Gervasio when living
Prospective Bride: Maria Ippolita Zaccagnini, Filatrice, 21 yo, residing Avigliano, daughter of the late Vito, contadino, who resided in Avigliano when alive, and of Angela Borazza??? resident of Avigliano.
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043547
I've made a start here, so for more information you should be able to work yourself backwards on this strand, from the above marriage record. There is always great help here if you need it. (The script on these particular records is somewhat criptic so hopefully I've deciphered the handwriting correctly.) You've got some fantastic records online at the following places:
Avigliano 1866-1910 approx: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043547
Avigliano 1861-1865: http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... Avigliano/
Avigliano 1816-1860 approx: http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... Avigliano/
Avigliano 1809-1815 approx:
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... Avigliano/
Angela:-0
Avigliano: 3 March 1888
Prospective Groom: Francesco D'Addezio, 25yo, Porcaro (swineherd), residing Avigliano, (but born in Palazzo San Gervasio), son of the late Antonio, Porcaro (swineherd), who resided in Palazzo San Gervasio when alive, and son of the late Crescenzia Di Piar...?, filatrice, who also resided in Palazzo San Gervasio when living
Prospective Bride: Maria Ippolita Zaccagnini, Filatrice, 21 yo, residing Avigliano, daughter of the late Vito, contadino, who resided in Avigliano when alive, and of Angela Borazza??? resident of Avigliano.
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043547
I've made a start here, so for more information you should be able to work yourself backwards on this strand, from the above marriage record. There is always great help here if you need it. (The script on these particular records is somewhat criptic so hopefully I've deciphered the handwriting correctly.) You've got some fantastic records online at the following places:
Avigliano 1866-1910 approx: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043547
Avigliano 1861-1865: http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... Avigliano/
Avigliano 1816-1860 approx: http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... Avigliano/
Avigliano 1809-1815 approx:
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... Avigliano/
Angela:-0
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Civil Records: Palazzo San Gervasio
This is where you will be looking for your D'Addezio records:
Palazzo San Gervasio 1861-1929: https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D1483052
Palazzo 1816-1860 approx: http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... e/Palazzo/
Palazzo: 1809-1815: http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... o/Palazzo/
The only other child I saw born to this couple was a daughter named Vita Crescenzia:
Vita Crescenzia Addezio 1890 No 721 image 2236: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043547
There may possibly have been a child born in 1892 as well, there was no index and I'm not going to have time to look through all the records individually - there were a substanial amount born each year!!!!
Hope this helps. All the best and come back to the forum if you would like further help, especially with the translations.
Angela:-0
Palazzo San Gervasio 1861-1929: https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D1483052
Palazzo 1816-1860 approx: http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... e/Palazzo/
Palazzo: 1809-1815: http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... o/Palazzo/
The only other child I saw born to this couple was a daughter named Vita Crescenzia:
Vita Crescenzia Addezio 1890 No 721 image 2236: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043547
There may possibly have been a child born in 1892 as well, there was no index and I'm not going to have time to look through all the records individually - there were a substanial amount born each year!!!!
Hope this helps. All the best and come back to the forum if you would like further help, especially with the translations.
Angela:-0