Randazzo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Randazzo

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Vincenzo Grippi and Cyra Frisina
1774 Nov 14th in the town of Borgetto in the church of Santa Maria Maddalena marriage of Vincenzo Grippi son of deceased Stefano Grippi and Rosa???? Grippi (no maiden listed) married Cyra Frisina daughter of deceased Bernardo Frisina and Domenica Frisina (no maiden listed)

RECORD ON 2 PGS
PG LINK BOTTOM RIGHT
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915

PG LINK TOP LEFT
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Lisapeters65
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 122
Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 04:47

Re: Randazzo

Post by Lisapeters65 »

Thanks Marty!
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Randazzo

Post by adelfio »

Filling in the blanks

Marriage of Giuseppe Barretta and Elizabetta Currao
1800 June 9th in the town of Borgetto in the church of Santa Maria Maddalena marriage of Giuseppe Barretta son of Vincenzo Barretta and Leonarda Barretta (no maiden listed) married Elizabetta Currao daughter of Giuseppe Currao and Catharine Currao (no maiden listed)

PG INK LEFT SIDE TOP
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Lisapeters65
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 122
Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 04:47

Re: Randazzo

Post by Lisapeters65 »

Thank you! I'm so glad I found this place.
It happened one day when I was frustrated that I couldn't find info on Ancestry on my great grandmother Concetta Salvia so I Googled her name and found a message on here about her that was written by cousins that I didn't know yet!
User avatar
Pontiusmaximus
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 40
Joined: 17 Jul 2016, 23:20
Location: Auburn, California

Re: Randazzo

Post by Pontiusmaximus »

regarding the parents of Cyra Frasina, wife of Vincenzo Grippi. This is a small circle.
According to their marriage record (church), his parents were Stephani and Rosa(?handwriting) Grippi, and her parents were Bernardi and Dominica Frisina. It was generally the case in this time period not to record the maiden name of the mother.
In the marriage records for that time frame, the index showed a Bernardi Frisina. I looked checked that page and found that person married a Dominica Bacarella. The marriage date was 28 Jul 1722. He was a widower of Josepha Grippi and his parents were listed as Andrey and Vincentia Frisina. Dominica’s parents were Casmiri and Anna Bacarella which would also be my wife’s sixth great grandparents.
Bernardi and his first wife Josepha Grippi was married on 28 Jul 1721 (exactly one year prior). On that marriage record her parents were Philippi and Benedetta Grippi,
Since I knew she died (he’s a widower) I searched for her death record. She died 27 Apr 1722, almost nine months to the marriage date, and next to her name was a notation ‘+Vincenti’ , so I think it’s safe to assume that both she and the child, Vincenti, died in childbirth.

Bernardi Frisina, widow of Dominica Bacarella died 1 Dec 1772. The birth record states his age at death as 76.

I hope to have this posted to my tree along with the corresponding documentation this evening, tomorrow at the latest. I'm still looking into Stephani and Rosa Grippi.
Lisapeters65
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 122
Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 04:47

Re: Randazzo

Post by Lisapeters65 »

Hi Pontiusmaximus! I'm glad you made it here to IG!
Thanks for all that info. I took a quick look while I'm working. I'll check it out further when I get home.
Lisa
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Randazzo

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Stefano Grippi and Rosa Franzella
1722 Nov 22nd in the town of Borgetto in the church of Santa Maria Maddalena marriage of Stefano Grippi son of deceased Nicola and Maria Grippi married Franzella daughter of deceased Filippo?? and Pietra Franzella

PG LINK LEFT PG
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Lisapeters65
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 122
Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 04:47

Re: Randazzo

Post by Lisapeters65 »

Who, what, where? Lol! I'm lost. The Nicolo Grippi on my tree has a wife named Rosa, not Maria...
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Randazzo

Post by adelfio »

adelfio wrote:Marriage of Stefano Grippi and Rosa Franzella
1722 Nov 22nd in the town of Borgetto in the church of Santa Maria Maddalena marriage of Stefano Grippi son of deceased Nicola and Maria Grippi married Franzella daughter of deceased Filippo?? and Pietra Franzella

PG LINK LEFT PG
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915

Marty
This for Pontiusmaximus

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Lisapeters65
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 122
Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 04:47

Re: Randazzo

Post by Lisapeters65 »

Ohhhh Ok! Sorry.
Lisapeters65
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 122
Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 04:47

Re: Randazzo

Post by Lisapeters65 »

They do fit on my tree too. I just figured it out, thanks! They're my 7th great grandparents!
Lisapeters65
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 122
Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 04:47

Re: Randazzo

Post by Lisapeters65 »

Another Randazzo mystery I'm trying to figure out.
If I could fill in the blanks for Gaspare Randazzo's parents and grandparents, that might help me figure out if Maddalena Randazzo is truly my cousin. (All of their birth years are estimates, on my "puzzle pieces" tree)
I appreciate any help you can give,
Thanks,
Lisa
Lisapeters65
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 122
Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 04:47

Re: Randazzo

Post by Lisapeters65 »

Oops here's the screenshot:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lisapeters65
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 122
Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 04:47

Re: Randazzo

Post by Lisapeters65 »

Any ideas?
User avatar
Pontiusmaximus
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 40
Joined: 17 Jul 2016, 23:20
Location: Auburn, California

Re: Randazzo

Post by Pontiusmaximus »

hi Lisa
Nothing yet, but here's some possible leads on the Petruso side - some a bit random, but around the edges

It seems both Benedetto and Maddalena were born in Italy, came to America and were married and then at some point returned to live in Italy. Do you know if their daughter Fara was born in the US? Also do you have any information for Gaspar Randazzo m. Maddalena Petruso?

BENEDETTO Lamberti, father Antonio mother Fara Romana. Benedetto's est birth 1888 b Italy
married Maddalena Petruso Father Giuseppe Petruso mother Gerolama Loiacono, Magdalena's est birth 1893 b Italy
married Manhattan 27 Jun 1911

Arrival:" Regina d Italia May 6 1909, Palermo to NY, b Borgetto to brother Francesco
sheet 220, line 10

Arrival: Taormina 16 Oct 1923. Napoli to NY, age 35, married to Maddalena Patruso (she does not appear on the manifest) final destination his sister Agata in Boston Mass, Indicates that his wife Maddalena is in Italy. sheet 33, line 8

Agata, Benedetto's sister arrived aboard S.S. Canada, from Palermo to New York, with her husband Dominic Petruso, 8 Nov 1912, sheet 83, line 26, she was age 16

Dominic Petruso and Agata Lamberti Petruso were buried in St Brigids Cem, Meadville PA

death of Antonino Lamberti, named after grandfather 1 Feb 1914, Manhattan, b 11 Sep 1913, New York/ Son of Benedetto Lamberti and Maddalina Petruso

Benedetto Lamberti baptism in Borgetto, 7 aug 1887
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=2046915 :

Magdalena Petruso baptism in Borgetto, 22 Jan 1893
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=2046915

Magdalena Petruso civil birth record, Borgetto, 22 Jan 1893, mother listed as Girolama Lo Jacono age 25, father as Giuseppi Petruso, age 27
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=2051639

Benedetto civil birth record, Borgetto, 7 aug 1887, mother is Fara Romano, age, 32, father is Antonino Lamberti, age 27
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=2051639 :

Antonino Lamberti and Fara Romano, Benedetto's father and mother, were married 13 Mar 1879 in Borgetto. Civil marriage records indicate Antonino was age 28 and the son of Francesco. Found no church record of marriage (possibly because d'stato libero' - free status)
Post Reply