military records in Italy

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
Ederle1963
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 08 Aug 2016, 05:14

military records in Italy

Post by Ederle1963 »

Greetings: My name is Richard Vincent and I just found an Atto di Nascita for my great grandfather Nicola Vincenzo Magaldi in May of 1859 from the records of Guardia Perticara. I would like the name annd address of the official in the Capital of the province of Potenza where the military records are stored, please. Also, since Guardia Perticara is in Potenza- Basilicata could I please have the address to write for the Stato di Famiglia. I will probably use form letters from Trafford Cole rather than rely on my Italian.
Thank You
Richard Vincent
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: military records in Italy

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website
Have you researched the records of online of Guardia Perticara
Stato di Famiglia is a good idea but tuff to get
Email: comuneguardia@rete.basilicata.it
Comune di Guardia Perticara
Viale Principe Umberto 28
85010 Guardia Perticara (PZ)
Italy


for military leva
Archivio di Stato di Potenza
E-mail: as-pz@beniculturali.it
Direttore: Dott.ssa Valeria Verrastro

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: military records in Italy

Post by mmogno »

http://www.archiviodistatopotenza.benic ... ve-private

Servizio ricerche per corrispondenza, amministrative, private
sig.ra Veronica Miceli, funzionario archivista area III F3
e-mail veronica.miceli@beniculturali.it
tel. 0971/56144
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
Ederle1963
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 08 Aug 2016, 05:14

Re: military records in Italy

Post by Ederle1963 »

Thank you all for answering my questions and I will probably take the advice not to try to get the stati di famiglia.I will email the archives at Guardia Perticara and see if I can get the name and birth date of Donato Magaldi, who was the father of Nicola Vincenzo Magaldi. My main question right now is how to pay funds. Can I use VISA, paypal or send an international money order in Euros? Also it is aprobaly appropriate to send an offering in advance.Is 20.00 sufficient or should I include more? I mean 20.00 USD.Also what would I expect to pay to research one name? The amount is not important. I just need to know how much to send in advance.With that I bid you adieux and thank you for the great info I have received.
Cordially
Richard
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: military records in Italy

Post by adelfio »

Send no money just a photo id with request in Italian

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Post Reply