I'm trying to identify the hometown of my 2nd great-grandfather, Michele Casale. He was born about 1860 in Italy. I have some reasonably good evidence that he was born somewhere in Potenza. (I can elaborate in the comments if any of you are interested.)
Based on his marriage record in NYC in 1892, his parents were Angelo Casale and Angela Romeo.
Another helpful, and possibly complicating, detail is that Michele Casale was likely related to his son-in-law's family. His daughter, Filomena, married Domenico (my great-grandparents). Domenico's mother, Concetta, was the daughter of Antonio Ronna and Rosa Casale. The family "rumor" (who actually knows) is that Filomena and Domenico were cousins through the Casale family. If they were, then Antonio Ronna and Rosa Casale (who married in Italy) would presumably be from the same town/area as Michele Casale.
That could mean I'm looking for any town in Potenza with Casale, Romeo, and Ronna.
Picerno looked like a good lead, as they have Casales and Romeos. The problem is that they have Rennas, not Ronnas. Maybe my family changed their name, maybe it's not the right town. I looked through Picerno records and I couldn't find a marriage record for Michele's parents, for Antonio Ronna and Rosa Casale or a birth record for Concetta Ronna and her brother Francesco. So, I've tentatively ruled out Picerno.
I'm getting desperate enough to just working my way through every town in Potenza in alphabetical order.


