Military Records from Terra Di Lavoro
-
James Graham
- Veteran

- Posts: 150
- Joined: 18 Aug 2014, 16:12
- Location: Woodstock, Connecticut
Military Records from Terra Di Lavoro
I'd like to obtain my grandfather's military records.
He was born in Esperia in what was Terra Di Lavoro.
Which archive shall I send my request to?
Caserta?
He was born in Esperia in what was Terra Di Lavoro.
Which archive shall I send my request to?
Caserta?
Re: Military Records from Terra Di Lavoro
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Military Records from Terra Di Lavoro
Esperia lost all its civil and parish records in WW2.
Military records for thsoe born after 1878 can be requested from the Archivo di Stato in Frosinone.
Military records for thsoe born after 1878 can be requested from the Archivo di Stato in Frosinone.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
-
James Graham
- Veteran

- Posts: 150
- Joined: 18 Aug 2014, 16:12
- Location: Woodstock, Connecticut
Re: Military Records from Terra Di Lavoro
Thanks for the replies.
I tried Frosinone but they have nothing pertaining to him.
So I figured since it was Caserta at the time I might try there.
This was for WW1
I tried Frosinone but they have nothing pertaining to him.
So I figured since it was Caserta at the time I might try there.
This was for WW1
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Military Records from Terra Di Lavoro
Are you sure he didn't leave Italy before WW1. If Frosinone doesn't have anything he was probably born before 1877 or didn't serve for some reason.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
-
James Graham
- Veteran

- Posts: 150
- Joined: 18 Aug 2014, 16:12
- Location: Woodstock, Connecticut
Re: Military Records from Terra Di Lavoro
He left Italy in 1930 and was born in 1900.
We have a half dozen photos while is was in the military and he told us about it.
The Archives searched from 1880 to 1920 (birth year), according to their reply, but no matches.
We have a half dozen photos while is was in the military and he told us about it.
The Archives searched from 1880 to 1920 (birth year), according to their reply, but no matches.
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Military Records from Terra Di Lavoro
WW1 would have been over before he was eligble to serve. Do you have his birth record?
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
-
James Graham
- Veteran

- Posts: 150
- Joined: 18 Aug 2014, 16:12
- Location: Woodstock, Connecticut
Re: Military Records from Terra Di Lavoro
I do have is birth record.
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Military Records from Terra Di Lavoro
Is it a reconstructed one created after WW2?
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
-
James Graham
- Veteran

- Posts: 150
- Joined: 18 Aug 2014, 16:12
- Location: Woodstock, Connecticut
Re: Military Records from Terra Di Lavoro
I could not say for sure but I would guess it is.
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Military Records from Terra Di Lavoro
The date at the top should be after the war. It would be a short version probably signed by the person themselves.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
-
James Graham
- Veteran

- Posts: 150
- Joined: 18 Aug 2014, 16:12
- Location: Woodstock, Connecticut
Re: Military Records from Terra Di Lavoro
I have the estratto dai registri degli atti di nascita so no date.
And if it were reconstructed, could a family member have done it?
My grandfather was in the USA by the time of WW2.
I'm not sure when Monticelli was incorporated into Esperia.
Now, I believe that it is called Delegazione Monticelli.
Was this office in Monticelli destroyed in the war?
And if it were reconstructed, could a family member have done it?
My grandfather was in the USA by the time of WW2.
I'm not sure when Monticelli was incorporated into Esperia.
Now, I believe that it is called Delegazione Monticelli.
Was this office in Monticelli destroyed in the war?