Finding Photos of Italian Street Addresses of my Grandparents

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
User avatar
rp76226
Master
Master
Posts: 2130
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 17:00

Finding Photos of Italian Street Addresses of my Grandparents

Post by rp76226 »

Both on Google Earth and visits to Italy, I have been unable to find the street addresses listed on civil records of my Italian grandparents. I wanted to photograph them or download a photo of the buildings they lived in from Google Earth. Apparently the street names have either changed or the streets no longer exist. I'm hoping that this forum can get me to my goal of obtaining photos of these locations. The addresses can be found on the following Civil Records (i thought by showing these, I might avoid a translation or handwriting mistake on my part):

https://postimg.org/image/ui33m3c3h/

https://postimg.org/image/qmgn140ef/

https://postimg.org/image/obvrjzvun/

https://postimg.org/image/m16mgnywz/
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Finding Photos of Italian Street Addresses of my Grandparents

Post by suanj »

Hi, the Street on this record is Via Corso, that was the main avenue and I believe now is named Corso Garibaldi..
https://postimg.org/image/ui33m3c3h/
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Finding Photos of Italian Street Addresses of my Grandparents

Post by suanj »

the Street here is Via Matrice 46 ( aka 46 Matrix Church Street) so the Street could be this on the picture, because this is the Church: http://www.ecclesieracalmuto.it/joomla/ ... trice1.jpg
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Finding Photos of Italian Street Addresses of my Grandparents

Post by suanj »

abt this Street:
https://postimg.org/image/obvrjzvun/
the full name is Via Notar Nicchi, and I believe that the Street have the name because here is the palace of Notar Nicchi ( Notary Nicchi) http://q-ec.bstatic.com/images/hotel/ma ... 877836.jpg

just my thought..
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
rp76226
Master
Master
Posts: 2130
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 17:00

Re: Finding Photos of Italian Street Addresses of my Grandparents

Post by rp76226 »

Thank you for your help. On the document with Via Corso, I do not recognize the word they put for the number (sensa?). Do you know what that means?
I've been in that Racalmuto Church (Church of the Annunziation) and walked the streets nearby. I could not find the number 46 on any building.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Finding Photos of Italian Street Addresses of my Grandparents

Post by suanj »

Senza= no number....

abt the number 46 ... the numbers are changed, surely... just on the Town Hall, searching in old documents someone can be able to say you what was the house with number 46.. if still exist....

The last picture, sorry I am no able to understand the Street name...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Finding Photos of Italian Street Addresses of my Grandparents

Post by erudita74 »

the street name is the last pic is via Poverta`

Erudita
Post Reply