Our family recently found a very old passport for GGparent (Mamie) Girolama Mauro and her daughter Gaetana Guagaliardo (1 year old), daughter of Giuseppe Guagliardo. The passport was issued by the Italizan Govt. in Corleone Sicily where Girolama was born on May 20, 1864. They had permission to travel to New Orleans. Girolama was 25 years old at the time. I believe she came to New Orleans sometime after August 15, 1889. Giuseppe Guagliardo's burial record (Catholic Church records) indicates that he was buried in Iberville Parish, Louisiana on January 3, 1895 at age 31 years, born in Sicily. So, I believe he traveled with them also.
Giuseppe and Girolama were married in Corleone on March 24, 1888. Giuseppe was 26 and Girolama was 23. The Banns were posted on March 9, 1888. Girolama is the daughter of Angelo and Margarita Fusa (appears Zasa on death records).
After Giuseppe's death, Girolama married Giuseppe Tauregrossa in 1895.
Would like to find immigration records and any others who may be searching for same families.
Thanks
Leslie
Giuseppe Gagliardo/Girolama (Mamie) Mauro/Gaetana Gagliardo
Re: Giuseppe Gagliardo/Girolama (Mamie) Mauro/Gaetana Gaglia
Hello,
I suggest, for a try, to rent the following microfilm to FHL (mormon church)
Malodec, Franz--Mickey, Maria FHL #0543422
http://home.att.net/~wee-monster/no1853.html
or
http://home.att.net/~wee-monster/no1900.html
or
http://home.att.net/~wee-monster/neworleans.html
If you ever need to request civil records from Corleone, write a request, put an envelope for the answer back with international reply coupon to
Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza Garibaldi
90034 Corleone (PA)
Italy
or to
Archivio di Stato di Palermo
http://wwwdb.archivi.beniculturali.it/S ... PALERMO%22
I hope it helps, bye Riccardo
I suggest, for a try, to rent the following microfilm to FHL (mormon church)
Malodec, Franz--Mickey, Maria FHL #0543422
http://home.att.net/~wee-monster/no1853.html
or
http://home.att.net/~wee-monster/no1900.html
or
http://home.att.net/~wee-monster/neworleans.html
If you ever need to request civil records from Corleone, write a request, put an envelope for the answer back with international reply coupon to
Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza Garibaldi
90034 Corleone (PA)
Italy
or to
Archivio di Stato di Palermo
http://wwwdb.archivi.beniculturali.it/S ... PALERMO%22
I hope it helps, bye Riccardo

