Confirm Translation of Death Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
User avatar
mdyer
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 100
Joined: 22 Dec 2010, 03:26

Confirm Translation of Death Record

Post by mdyer »

I've located a death record for a 4th great-grandmother Vincenza Mobilio widow of Rocco Vincenzo La Rocca. I'm looking for help to confirm whether my translation was accurate.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043547

What I saw:
Vincenza Mobilio died May 17, 1874 at age of 90 years old.
Born in comune of Spinoso
Father was Carlo Mobilio and mother was Maria Teresa Lucrezia - both deceased.

Did I get that right?

Thank you!
User avatar
mdyer
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 100
Joined: 22 Dec 2010, 03:26

Re: Confirm Translation of Death Record

Post by mdyer »

Her record is on the left hand side mid-way down the page.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Confirm Translation of Death Record

Post by Tessa78 »

mdyer wrote:I've located a death record for a 4th great-grandmother Vincenza Mobilio widow of Rocco Vincenzo La Rocca. I'm looking for help to confirm whether my translation was accurate.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043547

What I saw:
Vincenza Mobilio died May 17, 1874 at age of 90 years old.
Born in comune of Spinoso
Father was Carlo Mobilio and mother was Maria Teresa Lucrezia - both deceased.

Did I get that right?

Thank you!
You certainly did! :-)

FYI - the first declarant appears to be her son. He was Pancrazio La Rocca, 36, son of deceased Rocco Vincenzo La Rocca.

T.
User avatar
mdyer
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 100
Joined: 22 Dec 2010, 03:26

Re: Confirm Translation of Death Record

Post by mdyer »

Thanks Tessa! Pancrazio would be my 3rd great-grandfather.

I'm skeptical about her being 90 years old since she would have been about 55 when Pancrazio was born in 1839. I'm wondering if they just approximated her age to the nearest decade, figuring old is old?
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Confirm Translation of Death Record

Post by Tessa78 »

mdyer wrote:Thanks Tessa! Pancrazio would be my 3rd great-grandfather.

I'm skeptical about her being 90 years old since she would have been about 55 when Pancrazio was born in 1839. I'm wondering if they just approximated her age to the nearest decade, figuring old is old?
Having a child at 55 was not unheard of...but I agree that they probably approximated her age at death :-)

T.
User avatar
mdyer
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 100
Joined: 22 Dec 2010, 03:26

Re: Confirm Translation of Death Record

Post by mdyer »

Thank you, Tessa. Appreciate your help!
User avatar
mdyer
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 100
Joined: 22 Dec 2010, 03:26

Re: Confirm Translation of Death Record

Post by mdyer »

I need some help confirming the age of the deceased on another death record. This record is for Antonia Maria Ruoti (left side). Is this record telling me that she was 8 years old when she died?

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Thank you!
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Confirm Translation of Death Record

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

mdyer wrote:I need some help confirming the age of the deceased on another death record. This record is for Antonia Maria Ruoti (left side). Is this record telling me that she was 8 years old when she died?

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Thank you!
She was eight days old. (di giorni otto)

Angela
User avatar
mdyer
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 100
Joined: 22 Dec 2010, 03:26

Re: Confirm Translation of Death Record

Post by mdyer »

Oh, I see that now. Thank you, Angela.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Confirm Translation of Death Record

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

You are very welcome.

Angela
Post Reply