Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Also there are births, marriages, deaths, banns, marriage documents, miscellaneous documents, citizenship records of Vasto (Chieti), 1809-1900 here in the US at Family History Library instead of writing to Italy
Also here is a link to families researching in Vasto http://web.archive.org/web/200805092114 ... stoPag.htm
Hi guys,
Does anyone know of anybody who offers the service of locating records, preferably somewhere in Vasto or Abruzzo? I have too much contradicting information that makes it difficult to write to each Comune via snail mail, since things get done so slowly (or, in the case of some small towns, not at all).
I am very eager to begin my application for citizenship, and I'm willing to pay somebody for the retrieval of records and any expenses incurred along the way.
Hey Raphael !!!
This is wild. Geremio Di Donato is also MY Great- Grandfather!
I googled his name trying to get his birth certificate just like you because i want to get an Italian Passport.
Did you ever locate the Geremio and Annunziata's Birth certificate?
I would love to chat with you. I hope this message reaches you.
shoot me an email. Gregkicksrhymes AT gmail com
Hey Raphael !!!
This is wild. Geremio Di Donato is also MY Great- Grandfather!
I googled his name trying to get his birth certificate just like you because i want to get an Italian Passport.
Did you ever locate the Geremio and Annunziata's Birth certificate?
I would love to chat with you. I hope this message reaches you.
I have been researching my ancestry for many years and I was given the book Christ in Concrete and told it was one of my grandfathers cousins. I cannot find the connection. I have found all my Raimondi ancestors Including my 1st Great Grandfather was Michele Raimondi born in Vasto Feb 4, 1982. I found that they actually came from a villiage in Palmoli, Chieti, Abruzzo, Italy. Perhaps Vasto was the place of birth.
I cannot find my Great Grandfather's parents and I keep hitting a brick wall. I have seen Nicola on his NY marriage certificate and in another document it was Luigi. To find the link from my great grandfather to Di'Donato, I have to find my 2nd great grandfather, unless the family connection is on Annuiziata's side but I have not found any name similarities. This was a very informative thread and I am so thankful for all of you.