Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
BPS
Newbie
Posts: 11 Joined: 01 Jan 2017, 03:38
Post
by BPS » 01 Jan 2017, 04:02
Good afternoon,
I was wondering how I would go about obtaining my grandparents birth certificates? Both were born in Crotone, Calabria.
Thank you.
Barb
adelfio
Master
Posts: 9334 Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago
Post
by adelfio » 09 Jan 2017, 18:58
Welcome to IG website
When were they born and there names?
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
BPS
Newbie
Posts: 11 Joined: 01 Jan 2017, 03:38
Post
by BPS » 19 Jan 2017, 23:11
Hi Marty,
Giuseppe Mungari
D.O.B: 13 July 1914 • Crotone, Calabria
Barbara Sicilia
D.O.B: 5 December 1915 Crotone, Calabria
Thank you.
Cheers,
Barb
adelfio
Master
Posts: 9334 Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago
Post
by adelfio » 22 Jan 2017, 16:09
Where did they settle? Do you know their parents names?
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
BPS
Newbie
Posts: 11 Joined: 01 Jan 2017, 03:38
Post
by BPS » 23 Jan 2017, 04:16
Hi again, Marty.
My grandparents immigrated from Crotone to Argentina in 1949 with 8 children, the youngest (I think his name was Luigi) died before they left.
Nona Barbara's parents were Giuseppe and Immacolata Sicilia
Nono Giuseppe's parents were Biagio and Palma Mungari
My great grandparents from what I know are also from Calabria.
Cheers,
Barbara