Need Help Locating Two Italian Cities

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
FrankCMauro
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: 24 Jan 2017, 22:00

Need Help Locating Two Italian Cities

Post by FrankCMauro »

Hi,
I have located my grandfather Francesco Mauro's naturalization document from 1908 (see attachment). Francesco states that he was born in a city called 'Svoilicania, Italy', and his wife Maria was born in 'Santa Angela, Italy'.
I have googled both these cities and come up with nothing.
Could these cities have been renamed, or could they have been misspelled or misinterpreted by the clerk writing down the information.
Any help or ideas are much appreciated. Thank you.
Sincerely,
Frank mauro
Attachments
Francesco Mauro Naturalization Record (1) PG 230 Edited LQ.jpg
Francesco Mauro Naturalization Record (1) PG 230 Edited LQ.jpg
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Need Help Locating Two Italian Cities

Post by suanj »

Francesco MAURO born in Salvia, Potenza,IT (then the name town changed in SAVOIA DI LUCANIA/Svoilicania) on 7 dec 1860, son of Giuseppe Mauro 39 old, farmer, and of Arcangela Mangino, 30 old;

click to enlarge
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 1.jpg.html
best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Need Help Locating Two Italian Cities

Post by suanj »

the wife:
Maria COLLAZZO born in Sant'Angelo Le Fratte, Potenza, IT on 7 Feb 1866, daughter of Vincenzo Collazzo ( son of Francesco), 29 old, and of Francesca Coppola 30 old:

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043547
Best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Need Help Locating Two Italian Cities

Post by suanj »

I found Maria maiden name here:

Luisa Mauro

New York, New York City Births
Name Luisa Mauro
Event Type Birth
Event Date 04 Jul 1906
Event Place New York City, Queens, New York, United States
Gender Female
Race White
Father's Name Francesco Mauro
Father's Birthplace Italy
Father's Age 45
Mother's Name Maria Collazzo Mauro
Mother's Birthplace Italy
Mother's Age 39
very helpful!
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
FrankCMauro
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: 24 Jan 2017, 22:00

Re: Need Help Locating Two Italian Cities

Post by FrankCMauro »

Hi suanj,
Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it.
Sincerely,
Frank Mauro
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Need Help Locating Two Italian Cities

Post by suanj »

Happy to help you!
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply