Hi all,
I need some professional help to find the birth record of my GGGF “Leoncio Domingo Arrigoni” who was born in Italy around (1857 or 1858) and came to Uruguay.
What I could find doing some research:
- He married Rosa Castellani (not sure if they married in Uruguay or Italy)
- I found Rosa Castellani birth certificate, and she was born on 18-oct-1876 in Povoleto, Udine, Italy
- They had my GGF on Apr-5-1895 here in Uruguay.
Domingo seams to be the translation to spanish of Domenico.
I'm currently blocked so any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks,
Andrés
Searching for Arrigoni
Re: Searching for Arrigoni
Here is the birth act in Povoletto, Udine, for Rosa Castellani that you referenced.
I thought there might be a notation of marriage, but I do not see one. I will search for it...
#88
Birth on 18 October 1876
Father: Antonio Castellani [son of decesed Daniele]
Mother: Maria Piccini [daughter of deceased Michele], farmer
The child was declared (on 20 October) by the midwife, Giuseppina Friedrich, 40, but not presented for good cause, and the midwife attested to the birth as she had assisted.
The place of residence for the couple looks like Manzano or Muzzana.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 1.jpg.html
The surname ARRIGONI is found in the Comune of Udine.
EDIT TO ADD***
A Possible brother to your GGF?
Pedro Antonio Arrigoni born in 1898...
Pedro Antonio Arrigoni
Uruguay Civil Registration
Name Pedro Antonio Arrigoni
Event Type (Original Language) Nacimiento
Event Date (Original Language) 23 nov 1898
Event Place Departamento Rocha, Uruguay
Gender (Original Language) Hombre
Father's Name Leoncio Domingo Arrigoni
Mother's Name Rosa Castellani
Section Number Registro Civil, Sección 1
Certificate Number 397
Page 199
What was your GGF's given name?
Could this be the birth of your GGF?
Is Mazante an additional surname? The surname Mazzante is found in Udine...
Domingo Leoncio Arrigonni Mazante
Uruguay Civil Registration
Name Domingo Leoncio Arrigonni Mazante
Event Type (Original Language) Nacimiento
Event Date (Original Language) 30 mar 1895
Event Place Departamento Rocha, Uruguay
Gender (Original Language) Hombre
Father's Name Leoncio Domingo Arrigonni Mazante
Mother's Name Rosa Castellani
Section Number Registro Civil, Sección 1
Certificate Number 89
Page 45
T.
I thought there might be a notation of marriage, but I do not see one. I will search for it...
#88
Birth on 18 October 1876
Father: Antonio Castellani [son of decesed Daniele]
Mother: Maria Piccini [daughter of deceased Michele], farmer
The child was declared (on 20 October) by the midwife, Giuseppina Friedrich, 40, but not presented for good cause, and the midwife attested to the birth as she had assisted.
The place of residence for the couple looks like Manzano or Muzzana.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 1.jpg.html
The surname ARRIGONI is found in the Comune of Udine.
EDIT TO ADD***
A Possible brother to your GGF?
Pedro Antonio Arrigoni born in 1898...
Pedro Antonio Arrigoni
Uruguay Civil Registration
Name Pedro Antonio Arrigoni
Event Type (Original Language) Nacimiento
Event Date (Original Language) 23 nov 1898
Event Place Departamento Rocha, Uruguay
Gender (Original Language) Hombre
Father's Name Leoncio Domingo Arrigoni
Mother's Name Rosa Castellani
Section Number Registro Civil, Sección 1
Certificate Number 397
Page 199
Could this be the birth of your GGF?
Is Mazante an additional surname? The surname Mazzante is found in Udine...
Domingo Leoncio Arrigonni Mazante
Uruguay Civil Registration
Name Domingo Leoncio Arrigonni Mazante
Event Type (Original Language) Nacimiento
Event Date (Original Language) 30 mar 1895
Event Place Departamento Rocha, Uruguay
Gender (Original Language) Hombre
Father's Name Leoncio Domingo Arrigonni Mazante
Mother's Name Rosa Castellani
Section Number Registro Civil, Sección 1
Certificate Number 89
Page 45
T.
Re: Searching for Arrigoni
Hi T, thanks for the response!
If you find any notation of marriage that would be great.
I found some records too, and I wrote my conclusions below. A great new is that Arrigoni and Mazzante are common surnames in Udine.
I can confirm few of the records you found. Here in Uruguay we use 2 surnames, first surname of a person is his father surname and second is his mother surname.
So my GGF is
Domingo Leoncio Arrigonni Castellani
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VR4Y-XV2
The brother of my GGF is
Pedro Antonio Arrigoni Castellani
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VR4Y-G1W
In my GGF birth registry appears that his second surname is Mazante but is an error in familySearch. I have the real paper and my GGF mother is Rosa Castellani.
Also in my GGF birth document says that my GGF father (my GGGF) is Italian with name Leoncio Domingo Arrigoni Mazante and had 37 years at that moment.
So my GGGF is
Leoncio Domingo Arrigoni Mazante (This is the guy we are looking for
)
Birth year is around (1857 – 1858) aprox.-
Also in the same document mention that GGGF mother is Catalina Mazante and GGGF fother is Domingo Arrigoni.
Attached is an image that represents more or less all this.
Searching in Familysearch I found this registry
Domenico Arrigoni
Birth year 1857, in Asiago, Vicenza, Italy
https://familysearch.org/tree/person/M1P6-TF9/details
Is it possible to be him?
Thanks for your help!
If you find any notation of marriage that would be great.
I found some records too, and I wrote my conclusions below. A great new is that Arrigoni and Mazzante are common surnames in Udine.
I can confirm few of the records you found. Here in Uruguay we use 2 surnames, first surname of a person is his father surname and second is his mother surname.
So my GGF is
Domingo Leoncio Arrigonni Castellani
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VR4Y-XV2
The brother of my GGF is
Pedro Antonio Arrigoni Castellani
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VR4Y-G1W
In my GGF birth registry appears that his second surname is Mazante but is an error in familySearch. I have the real paper and my GGF mother is Rosa Castellani.
Also in my GGF birth document says that my GGF father (my GGGF) is Italian with name Leoncio Domingo Arrigoni Mazante and had 37 years at that moment.
So my GGGF is
Leoncio Domingo Arrigoni Mazante (This is the guy we are looking for
Birth year is around (1857 – 1858) aprox.-
Also in the same document mention that GGGF mother is Catalina Mazante and GGGF fother is Domingo Arrigoni.
Attached is an image that represents more or less all this.
Searching in Familysearch I found this registry
Domenico Arrigoni
Birth year 1857, in Asiago, Vicenza, Italy
https://familysearch.org/tree/person/M1P6-TF9/details
Is it possible to be him?
Thanks for your help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re: Searching for Arrigoni
This looks very promising.Domenico Arrigoni
Birth year 1857, in Asiago, Vicenza, Italy
https://familysearch.org/tree/person/M1P6-TF9/details
Did your Domingo Arrigoni (b-1857) die in 1931?
You can write to the Comune of Asiago and request his birth act.
You should write in Italian, send your photo ID and an email address.
Do not send any money unless/until you are asked.
Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Piazza Secondo Risorgimento, 6
36012 Asiago (VI)
ITALY
A form letter in Italian here...
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords
T.
Re: Searching for Arrigoni
Thanks! I'll do it and let you guys know.
Thanks for the help!
Thanks for the help!
Re: Searching for Arrigoni
By the way, you should send the letter in paper to that address, correct?
Is there any email to send this requests?
Is there any email to send this requests?
Re: Searching for Arrigoni
I would recommend a paper letter to the address, and then a follow-up email.
Here is an email address:
comune@comune.asiago.vi.it
from this site...
http://www.comuni-italiani.it/024/009/index.html
T.
Here is an email address:
comune@comune.asiago.vi.it
from this site...
http://www.comuni-italiani.it/024/009/index.html
T.

