Vitiello in Algeria/Tunisia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Vitiello in Algeria/Tunisia

Post by suanj »

And also the second Candida died 21 old, married to Francesco Spina
and you can read abt Salvatore, and Jacono become again Jacola... so seeming to me that on the Birth record of Maria Candida, the mother maiden name was Jacola. On the Death record, is Jacono. On Candida Maria Birth record the mother maiden name is Jacono and in the Death record is Jacola,
so no important, the clerk don't wrote the names with precision.. correctly...
LA CALLE 1897 Décès VITIELLO CANDIDA, MARIA
http://anom.archivesnationales.culture. ... cte=320846
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Vitiello in Algeria/Tunisia

Post by suanj »

Here the marriage of Candida Maria Vitiello and Francesco Spina:
LA CALLE 1894 Mariage SPINA FRANCESCO - VITIELLO CANDIDA, MARIA

http://anom.archivesnationales.culture. ... cte=315173
on this record the mother maiden name is Jacola, and she living in Bizerte(Tunisie).. Salvatore was in Lambise (Algerie) jail...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
anthianl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 09 Jan 2017, 05:49

Re: Vitiello in Algeria/Tunisia

Post by anthianl »

Dear Suanj,

Got some documents from my mother:
First a mariage certificate of Paul Certa and Concetta Vitiello
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2457/3309 ... 5633_z.jpg

The I got a death certificate for Concetta:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3766/3309 ... 4c37_z.jpg

You can see the mispelling and lack of precision in these records. I still think we are on the right path

Loic
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Vitiello in Algeria/Tunisia

Post by suanj »

Hi,
Thanks! I read both the documents. The maiden name of her mother is mispelled, but that because in italian language the J wss used on place of I in the word with the iatus, so in Italy the J is the I, same pronounce.
Instead in english and in french languages, the J is like the italian GI, the pronounce is the same. If you remember, initially, when you contacted me, I believed that the surname was something as Giacomo, then I understood that was the italian Jacono, aka Iacono, and I found...
Yes we are on right path....
Best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply