My 3rd great-grandfather, Vito PANELLA married 1st to Veneranda MAROTTA in Armento & after her death in 1814 married Vittoria ANGERAME.
Vito died in 1832, Armento. I found Vittoria's death in Armento - 1861 Image 39 #75 - on antenati site.
My question is: Her name is listed as what appears to be Barracone Vittoria Angerame, vedova Vito Panella. The informants are her step-sons.
My questions: What does Barracone mean? I cannot find it in Italian dictionaries/word lists.
Can you verify her age?
Thanks!
Vittoria Angerame - Montemurro, Potenza
Re: Vittoria Angerame - Montemurro, Potenza
She is 73 and Im pretty sure that's the area where her house was
PG LINK TO RECORD
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 0.jpg.html
Marty
PG LINK TO RECORD
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 0.jpg.html
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Vittoria Angerame - Montemurro, Potenza
It says that she died "in the Barraccone" - e' morta nel Barraccone"Plotinus wrote: 17 Mar 2017, 18:15
My questions: What does Barracone mean? I cannot find it in Italian dictionaries/word lists.
Thanks!
I don't think it's dialect. My understanding is that it's like a little shed, hut or some sort of makeshift place.
Baraccone translates to booth, stall like you would find at an amusement park.
Angela
Re: Vittoria Angerame - Montemurro, Potenza
Thank you both so much!
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Vittoria Angerame - Montemurro, Potenza
Happy to help.
Angela
Angela
