Disappeared Irish Great Grandfather
-
brendariani
- Veteran

- Posts: 168
- Joined: 29 Sep 2016, 20:36
Disappeared Irish Great Grandfather
Hi I wondered if you could help. I am trying to find information on my Grandmother Mary Leonard born March 1902 approx in Kilashandra Co Cavan. Her parents were Thomas Leonard and Ellen Collins. Ellen's mother was Margaret Delaney and her sister was Mary and brother Patrick. Theyived in Longford. I don't have any more information except that Ellen died in her early forties when my Grandmother Mary was around 19 or so. At her Mother's funeral her father Thomas told Mary (who was the eldest) to take her 9 siblings home and he would follow on a little later. My Grandmother Mary never saw her father again as he never returned. She brought her siblings to Belfast for her Mother's sister Mary to raise. She never did find out what happened to her father and I know she had always wanted to before she died. Unfortunately she never got the chance. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Brenda