French Canadian Birth Record

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: French Canadian Birth Record

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Nuccia,

This could easily be son of my Pietro & Anna Maria (Bifano) DiPierro who was born Dec. 1883 Italy. Pietro had a great uncle with the name of Vito Antonio, so his son's middle could be Antonio (1883 records not on the film= no br found on Vito).

I got a reply from the archive & sent you a copy. Looks like I'll b ordering more LDS films. Just hope they aren't 8mm!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all your help,

Joyce (jcsm)
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: French Canadian Birth Record

Post by jcsm400 »

suanj,

Where are they???? Can't find @ Ellis Isalnd.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: French Canadian Birth Record

Post by suanj »

jcsm400 wrote:suanj.

Would be interested in seeing these records. My Pietro Dipierro had a great uncle (born 1804) by the name of Vito Antonio. Have not found a death record for him in Armento, so it could be him.

Thanks as always for the info.

jcsm
no because this Vito Antonio draft card is for WWI, so could be pietro's son... I hope that someone can see the record.. regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: French Canadian Birth Record

Post by suanj »

jcsm400 wrote:suanj,

Where are they???? Can't find @ Ellis Isalnd.

jcsm
what ... about Anna Maria record? if yes ... it is in italian record by Fondazione Agnelli and also in castle garden database:

Anna-m. Befano
Occupation Laborer
Age 30
Sex F
Literacy U
Arrived 2 May 1889
Origin Italy
Port Naples
Last Residence U
Destination USA
Plan Unknown
Ship Alesia
Passage Unknown
--- suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: French Canadian Birth Record

Post by nuccia »

Sorry Joyce,

We need to wait for Maria on this one. If it's accessing stevemorse site manifests I am lousy at it! Maria has done all my lookups for me. I still owe her lots of Tylenol for what I put her through! :oops:

Glad about the films being available. Sorry we didn't know sooner or I would have gone down for you since I was off most afternoons for the last 2 weeks.

Lets see what else we can come up with here though.

Keep smiling. We're making progress!

Nuccia :D
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: French Canadian Birth Record

Post by nuccia »

Joyce,

Who was Vito Antonio your uncle married to? Do you have any names of children? I found some different Vito's with similar years but I won't post until I have more info from you!

Nuccia :D
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: French Canadian Birth Record

Post by jcsm400 »

suanj,
You are absolutely correct. Don't know where my brains are today. Come to think about it, I'm not sure if I have any!

Nuccia,

stevemorse site. Remember it from many moons ago, but forgot about it. Will have to check it out, again. If I remember correctly, I had trouble with the site.

Can't believe you would be willing to go & look for the baptismal record. I am sure you have a million & one other things to do. You are so kind & a lady with a very BIG heart. Ill try St. Pat's films first & keep you posted.

Vito, not sure if middle name was Antonio, was 3rd great granduncle of my husband. I'm pretty sure I found the correct one on the 1930. Listing is under Deperro, Vito. age 47 Italy, clock repairman, Wife Mary (maiden name unk.) 41 IL, son Peter 21 IL & son Ernest 19 IL living @ 717 S. Kenneth Ave., Chicago. This census shows Vito coming in 1890.

Thanks a million,
jcsm
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1061
Joined: 19 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: French Canadian Birth Record

Post by brujaojos »

jcsm400 wrote:Vito, not sure if middle name was Antonio, was 3rd great granduncle of my husband. I'm pretty sure I found the correct one on the 1930. Listing is under Deperro, Vito. age 47 Italy, clock repairman, Wife Mary (maiden name unk.) 41 IL, son Peter 21 IL & son Ernest 19 IL living @ 717 S. Kenneth Ave., Chicago. This census shows Vito coming in 1890.
Thanks a million,
jcsm
Hi again,

Here is the information you were stating about Vito in the 1930 census in Illinois. I'll send it Maria again and ask her to post it for you. And I forgot to send her the 2nd page of the 1900 census.

Per this census, Vito is from Italy, he is born about 1883 (age matches Vito from 1900 census), and he came to the USA in 1890 (matches information on 1890 census). And he named his first born son, Peter, which is how the naming pattern usually is (first male son named if paternal grandfather). So these are all great clues and possibilities of being your Vito.

Name: Vito Deperro
Age: 47
Estimated birth year: abt 1883
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to head-of-house: Head
Spouse's Name: Mary Deperro
Race: White
Home in 1930: Chicago, Cook, Illinois
Image source: Year: 1930; Census Place: Chicago, Cook, Illinois; Roll: 461; Page: 5A; Enumeration District: 1004; Image: 11.0

I'll also send Maria the WWI Draft Card for Vito.

Smile for me!:)
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1061
Joined: 19 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: French Canadian Birth Record

Post by brujaojos »

Hi again,

This is another long shot here. Remember, you have to try to verify information with actual documentation.

This was in the SSDI for Peter (son of Vito)
Name: Peter Deperro
SSN: 340-01-5464
Last Residence: 60621 Chicago, Cook, Illinois, United States of America
Born: 18 Aug 1908
Died: May 1978
State (Year) SSN issued: Illinois (Before 1951 )

Smile for me!:)
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: French Canadian Birth Record

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Trish.

I'm :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ing for you :!:

Thanks for SSDI info on Peter, son of Vito Depierro. Another record to verify. Will go for his death certificate thru clerk of Cook county using the listed spelling of last name.

Think I'll just seat back and let you gals do your thing and reap the rewards (records/info) :!: :D :D :D

Oh, & thanks for posting 1930 info on Vitio & family.

catch yoou later,

Joyce
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: French Canadian Birth Record

Post by nuccia »

Hi Joyce,

I just remembered about this site. Don't know if it will be helpful but have a look at it when you have time.

Canada Census

Nuccia :D
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: French Canadian Birth Record

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Nuccia,

Thanks for the site. I checked but didn't find anything. They are in US by 1890. Good thought though.

I owe you an bio email.

jcsm(smile)
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: French Canadian Birth Record

Post by jcsm400 »

Nuccia,

Thanks so much for this website. Through it, I solved the problem I posted under "Chicago Research help....PLEASE"
www.jewishgen.org/Info...s_chgo.htm

Still working on this one!

You made my day :!:

jcsm :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: French Canadian Birth Record

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Everyone,

I'm still going over everything with a fine tooth comb.

Have come to conclusion that suanj is correct about the posted 1885 manifest. It is for a Pietro Paolo Difiore. So I went back and did another search for Castle Garden on Steve Morse's site. I found this and would appreciate it very much if someone can link manifest and post for me. It seems to match census information.

Pietro DIPIENO, age 25, last residence Armento, arrived 5/18/1883, POD: Naples, Italy
ship: Alesia Series: M237 Roll:465 Nbr: 598 Frame 491

Have a great day/evening, everyone & thanks :!:

jcsm
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: French Canadian Birth Record

Post by jcsm400 »

I am :?

From postings, Pietro Dipierro b. 1858 immigrated 1883 (abt 25 years old)and naturalized 1893.

I got the Cook county (CC) naturalization soundex card for Pietro Dipierro, today.

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/8931/n ... rro3yo.jpg

According to info on CC naturalizations:"The "Minor" denotes the person arrived in the US as a minor & then became a citizen sometime after reaching the age of 18. Soundex cards often give the number of years (10) the minor resided in the US before naturalizing. Soundex cards pre 1904 reflect almost all the information contained in the actual records."

The address listed on the card is the same one Pietro & family are at in 1900. 1900 census also shows his wife having 8 children with 6 living, but no son, Pietro, on census

So.....This is for a son of theirs that died between 1893 & 1900 :?: Where is the naturalization papers for the father, Pietro :?: :?: :?:

Do you think it's possible that both father & son's are filed together & that is why only one card cames up on soundex search :?:

Any suggestions or comments, greatly appreciated :!:

jcsm :roll:
Post Reply