Help with Translation of Stato Civile Request Appreciated

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
skooter555
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 43
Joined: 20 Apr 2013, 23:49

Help with Translation of Stato Civile Request Appreciated

Post by skooter555 »

Hi,

I would like to write to the Ufficio di Stato Civile in the village of Bagheria to obtain a couple marriage records for two sets of my 3rd great-grandparents. I have been wanting to do this for the past couple years, but have been hesitant to do so as I am not familiar with the Italian language or how to make a return payment when it is requested. I have been using a few different websites that have provided forms/guidance on how to draft such a request. I have taken sentences and fragments from these websites and attempted to put together a letter that makes sense. I have pasted it below. I was just hoping that someone might be able to read over it and see whether everything is clear and straightforward and that there is no confusion in the translation or unintended rudeness. Additionally, if you might be able to check things such as verb agreement or things that aren't worded nicely then that would be greatly appreciated as well. Any suggestions are welcomed. I have put question marks around a couple words that I am unsure about.

Thank you in advance,
Tyler Radtke
skooter111996@gmail.com


<(centered at top of page)Tyler Radtke
W167S6869 Oakhill Dr.
Muskego, WI 53150 USA
skooter111996@gmail.com>

30 aprile 2017
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Bagheria
90011 BAGHERIA PA
ITALY

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,

Mi chiamo Tyler Radtke, ed abito negli Stati Uniti all’indirizzo ?sopradetto/sopra detto?. Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Bagheria. Vorrei sapere di più di loro. Vi sarei molto grato se poteste spedirmi ?fotocopia/foto copia? integrale dell’atto di matrimonio o l’estratto completo dell’atto di matrimonio di queste persone:

Nome e cognome del marito: Giov. Battista Tripoli
Nome e cognome della moglie: Cristina Mineo
Luogo di matrimonio: Bagheria
Data di matrimonio: Sposato ?nel mezzo/tra? 1860 e 1864

e

Nome e cognome del marito: Domenico La Rosa
Nome e cognome della moglie: Rosa Bologna
Luogo di matrimonio: Bagheria
Data di matrimonio: Sposato ?nel mezzo/tra? 1860 e 1865


Vi prego di volermi comunicare l’ammontare dovuto per spese e postali nonché specificare il metodo di pagamento da coi preferito. Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?

Vi ringrazio in anticipo per il vostro gentilezza e premura.

Distinti saluti,
Tyler Radtke

Dear Sir or Madam,

My name is Tyler Radtke, and I live in the United States at the above-stated address. I am researching my ancestors and need information from your records. My ancestors come from Bagheria. I would like to know more about them. I would be very grateful if you could send me a photocopy of the record of marriage or the complete extract of the record of marriage of these people:

...

Please let me know how much I owe you for any cost incurred and how you would like me to send the money. If you do not have the necessary records, could you provide the address of the place where the records can be found?

I thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely,
Tyler Radtke
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Help with Translation of Stato Civile Request Appreciated

Post by mmogno »

<(centered at top of page)Tyler Radtke
W167S6869 Oakhill Dr.
Muskego, WI 53150 USA
skooter111996@gmail.com>

30 aprile 2017
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Bagheria
90011 BAGHERIA PA
ITALY
stato.civile@comune.bagheria.pa.it


Spett. Ufficio

mi chiamo Tyler Radtke ed abito negli Stati Uniti all’indirizzo sopra indicato. Allego copia di un mio documento d'identità con foto.

I miei antenati provennero da Bagheria. Per saperne di più, sto svolgendo una ricerca per la quale ho bisogno delle informazioni contenute nei registri di Stato Civile del Comune di Bagheria.

Per questo Vi sarei molto grato se poteste spedirmi la fotocopia o l’estratto completo dei due Atti di Matrimonio seguenti:

1)
Marito: Giov. Battista Tripoli
Moglie: Cristina Mineo
Luogo: Bagheria
Data: Compresa fra il 1860 e il 1864

2)
Marito: Domenico La Rosa
Moglie: Rosa Bologna
Luogo: Bagheria
Data: Compresa fra il 1860 e il 1865

Per eventuali spese di segreteria, fotocopiatura, ecc., a cui andrò immediatamente incontro, Vi prego di trasmettermi l'importo totale e le modalità di pagamento da Voi preferite.

Nel caso non aveste i registri corrispondenti, mi potreste fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio nel quale siano conservati?

RingraziandoVi in anticipo per il vostro aiuto, porgo distinti saluti.
Tyler Radtke
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
skooter555
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 43
Joined: 20 Apr 2013, 23:49

Re: Help with Translation of Stato Civile Request Appreciated

Post by skooter555 »

Hi,

Thank you very much for your response and for helping with this translation. I have just a couple questions that I have since thought of and was hoping you might be able to answer.

1) Should I specify "in carta libera" within the letter? If I don't specify this do you think I will have to pay more or will receive documents without the information I am looking for?

2) Should I write in the request that I would like the marriage record with parents names given or is that implied when I say complete extract? I just want to ensure that I get those names as well as any marginal notations that are on the original record.

3) Would I append "su mia famiglia" to "Per saperne di più" to mean, "To know more about my family,"?

Thanks again,
Tyler
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Help with Translation of Stato Civile Request Appreciated

Post by mmogno »

skooter555 wrote: 01 Apr 2017, 01:53 3) Would I append "su mia famiglia" to "Per saperne di più" to mean, "To know more about my family,"?
I miei antenati provennero da Bagheria. Per sapere di più della mia famiglia d'origine, sto svolgendo una ricerca per la quale ho bisogno delle informazioni contenute nei registri di Stato Civile del Comune di Bagheria.


skooter555 wrote: 01 Apr 2017, 01:53 1) Should I specify "in carta libera" within the letter? If I don't specify this do you think I will have to pay more or will receive documents without the information I am looking for?

2) Should I write in the request that I would like the marriage record with parents names given or is that implied when I say complete extract? I just want to ensure that I get those names as well as any marginal notations that are on the original record.
Per questo Vi sarei molto grato se poteste spedirmi la copia integrale, in carta libera, dei due Atti di Matrimonio seguenti:
1)
Marito: Giov. Battista Tripoli
Moglie: Cristina Mineo
Luogo: Bagheria
Data: Compresa fra il 1860 e il 1864

2)
Marito: Domenico La Rosa
Moglie: Rosa Bologna
Luogo: Bagheria
Data: Compresa fra il 1860 e il 1865.

[Potete inviare le copie, in formato digitale, a questo indirizzo mail: skooter111996@gmail.com].
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
Post Reply