Marriage of Rocco di Aguanno & Margarita ?? 1599

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
sacesta
Elite
Elite
Posts: 452
Joined: 04 Mar 2016, 21:21
Location: North Carolina via Brooklyn and many places in between

Marriage of Rocco di Aguanno & Margarita ?? 1599

Post by sacesta »

I need some help deciphering this marriage record.

The year of marriage is 1599, but the precise date eludes me and may be missing.

Rocco's parents are Joseph and Vincenza di Aguanno. Vincenza's maiden name does not appear to be disclosed.

Margarita's parents appear to be Francesco and Elisabetta, but I cannot read their surname.

I see what looks like "annuli benedittione et impositione". Was there an annulment of a previous marriage?

Second record down.

Grazie mille!

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cat=731421
Steve Acesta

Researching Calatafimi, Trapani
Surnames Aceste, Papa, Cusenza, Gruppuso, Sciortino, Sparacino, Zito, and Vona.

Researching Montevago, Agrigento (Girgenti)
Surnames Infranco, La Rocca, Mandina, Bilello, Cacioppo, and Cardino.
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Marriage of Rocco di Aguanno & Margarita ?? 1599

Post by erudita74 »

Steve
I'm not sure of the date of the marriage, but I do see a date of Sept 12, 1599 later in the record.

Both of Rocco's parents were deceased. The bride's parents were alive. I am reading the surname as "la brunetta." I see that Brunetta is currently a surname in the town of Salemi in Trapani province, but the record does not indicate that her parents were from somewhere else.

The word benedizione refers to a blessing given.

Erudita
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Marriage of Rocco di Aguanno & Margarita ?? 1599

Post by mmogno »

sacesta wrote: 03 Apr 2017, 15:49... looks like "annuli benedittione et impositione". Was there an annulment of a previous marriage?
cum anuli benedictione....
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
sacesta
Elite
Elite
Posts: 452
Joined: 04 Mar 2016, 21:21
Location: North Carolina via Brooklyn and many places in between

Re: Marriage of Rocco di Aguanno & Margarita ?? 1599

Post by sacesta »

With this ring?
Steve Acesta

Researching Calatafimi, Trapani
Surnames Aceste, Papa, Cusenza, Gruppuso, Sciortino, Sparacino, Zito, and Vona.

Researching Montevago, Agrigento (Girgenti)
Surnames Infranco, La Rocca, Mandina, Bilello, Cacioppo, and Cardino.
sacesta
Elite
Elite
Posts: 452
Joined: 04 Mar 2016, 21:21
Location: North Carolina via Brooklyn and many places in between

Re: Marriage of Rocco di Aguanno & Margarita ?? 1599

Post by sacesta »

erudita74 wrote: 03 Apr 2017, 19:17 Steve
I'm not sure of the date of the marriage, but I do see a date of Sept 12, 1599 later in the record.

Both of Rocco's parents were deceased. The bride's parents were alive. I am reading the surname as "la brunetta." I see that Brunetta is currently a surname in the town of Salemi in Trapani province, but the record does not indicate that her parents were from somewhere else.

The word benedizione refers to a blessing given.

Erudita
Thanks Erudita!
Steve Acesta

Researching Calatafimi, Trapani
Surnames Aceste, Papa, Cusenza, Gruppuso, Sciortino, Sparacino, Zito, and Vona.

Researching Montevago, Agrigento (Girgenti)
Surnames Infranco, La Rocca, Mandina, Bilello, Cacioppo, and Cardino.
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Marriage of Rocco di Aguanno & Margarita ?? 1599

Post by mmogno »

sacesta wrote: 03 Apr 2017, 23:51 With this ring?
with the blessing of the ring
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
sacesta
Elite
Elite
Posts: 452
Joined: 04 Mar 2016, 21:21
Location: North Carolina via Brooklyn and many places in between

Re: Marriage of Rocco di Aguanno & Margarita ?? 1599

Post by sacesta »

Grazie!
Steve Acesta

Researching Calatafimi, Trapani
Surnames Aceste, Papa, Cusenza, Gruppuso, Sciortino, Sparacino, Zito, and Vona.

Researching Montevago, Agrigento (Girgenti)
Surnames Infranco, La Rocca, Mandina, Bilello, Cacioppo, and Cardino.
Post Reply