Cattarina Porciani

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
Anizio
Elite
Elite
Posts: 454
Joined: 12 Oct 2014, 22:37
Location: Canada

Cattarina Porciani

Post by Anizio »

Hello, I need some help.

My ancestor appears to just disappear.

Cattarina Porciani, di Giuseppe had three children I know of with Gregorio Cavallini, in Siena, in 1807, 1809, and 1812 in the Parish of San Martino.

Then suddenly in the same Parish Gregorio Cavallini has a new wife, Antonia Tamburini, in 1816...but I cannot find any record of the first wife's death or the remarriage.

Now it looks like the 1815 death records for Siena are missing from online, so its possible she died in 1815...but still I find no record of the remarriage. According to the 1767 Stato delle Anime there are no Tamurini in the province of Siena, but there are Tamburini in Siena in the 1800s so it make sense the second marriage would be in Siena.

As of 1817 the family moved to Rome, so my window for finding information is very narrow, 1808-1816

Am I missing something? Can someone help me find more?
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
Caius
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 02 Apr 2017, 15:13

Re: Cattarina Porciani

Post by Caius »

How Can I help you?
Post Reply