Out of The Blue & Totally Unexpected.!! I Italian Citizen.!!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
JohnnyNight
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 18 Jan 2014, 00:42

Out of The Blue & Totally Unexpected.!! I Italian Citizen.!!

Post by JohnnyNight »

Wow...!! Amazing..!!

Been a few months since I was here... A recap of my unexpected success..!! Actual event occurred a few weeks ago..

I open my mail box a couple hours ago and see a letter from the Italian Consulate in Miami....

And I'm thinking.. OK.....

Because I haven't yet been able to provide them with a court order saying my father and grandfather were who they said they were, since just about every document I had given the Consulate at my citizenship appointment related to them had our last name spelled slightly differently, the Consulate was probably notifying me that they are no longer going to keep my Citizenship application on file..

Unbelievable.. Just The Opposite..!!

I read...

"As per your request, we wish to inform you that you have been recognized as an Italian citizen by descent.."

Really..!!! I had to shake the letter and wave it around a few times to make sure the words I read were actually on the page..!!

SUCCESS...!!

Oh My Goodness..!!

This is Crazy..

I already made my appointment for my passport..!!

So I had my appointment in February of 2015 and as I mentioned almost every document from the early 1900's when my grandparents came to the U.S., and my father's documents had our families last name spelled a little differently, but it is was clear that everyone was who they said they were..

Because of that when I had my appointment was asked if I wanted to let the Consulate keep the documents I had supplied or take them back with me to help get the court orders I would need. I had them keep the documents since it had taken so much time and effort to get them I didn't want to walk out of the Consulate as though the appointment never happened..

I later realized I probably should have taken them with me since to get the necessary court orders stating my father and grandparents were who they said they were I would need another set of original documents.

And to be honest, I started gathering them again but just lost steam and haven't done much for a number of months to reacquire them..

And Today This..!!

Wow...!!
User avatar
mler
Master
Master
Posts: 2515
Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Out of The Blue & Totally Unexpected.!! I Italian Citizen.!!

Post by mler »

Wow is right. Congratulations!
kgulinoperez
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 17 Aug 2017, 02:17

Re: Out of The Blue & Totally Unexpected.!! I Italian Citizen.!!

Post by kgulinoperez »

Congrats! That is amazing! Looks like they just verified everything on their own. Auguri! :)
User avatar
mler
Master
Master
Posts: 2515
Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Out of The Blue & Totally Unexpected.!! I Italian Citizen.!!

Post by mler »

Doubt they went through the trouble. Probably someone else looked through the documents, said "this is obviously ok," and sent them off to the comune. Love when things work out!!!!
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Out of The Blue & Totally Unexpected.!! I Italian Citizen.!!

Post by suanj »

Congrats!!!
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply