Can anyone read this record?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
carogers
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 04:03

Can anyone read this record?

Post by carogers »

I believe this is the death record of my 5th great-grandfather. Having said that, I can't make out anything beyond the name. It's on the left page, 5th listing. The name is Tomaso Cascio la Mariana.
Thanks in advance!

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915
carubia
Master
Master
Posts: 1152
Joined: 25 Jan 2011, 12:13
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Can anyone read this record?

Post by carubia »

He died on 17 Nov 1782. His parents were Biagio and Giuseppa Cascio. Probably that means that Biagio's surname was Cascio and Giuseppa's (father's) surname is not given. He was approximately 13 years old.

I don't think this is your ancestor, aside from the fact that he was too young. If someone was married they'd give the spouse's name instead of the parents'.
Post Reply