Requesting child's birth certificate from the comune

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
Cj15
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 18 Feb 2017, 16:31

Requesting child's birth certificate from the comune

Post by Cj15 »

Not sure if this is the corect board to post this question, but someone here might be able to help me.
Once I received confirmation of citizenship from the consulate I wrote my comune to request a copy of my birth certificate, which was sent to me the next day. So I wrote them again requesting my children's birth certificate twice and haven't gotten a reply, not even one requesting a copy of my id or something like that. We all already have our italian passports. I just wanted the birth certificates as keepsakes. I assume their births were registered with the comune since the consulate told me their american birth certificates along with my marriage certificate were also being sent to the comune during the recognition process. Does anybody know if there is a rule where minor's birth certificates can't be requested in Italy? Or why could this be happening? Thanks
Post Reply