Translation of Marriage Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
jc93
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: 07 Aug 2016, 07:42

Translation of Marriage Record

Post by jc93 »

Hi, if anyone could help me that would be great!

I was lucky enough to find a marriage record for my great great-grandfather. Obviously google translate is great for the typed out words, however, I find it pretty difficult to read most of the handwritten things. I can make a lot of it out, but not entirely. Any help would be great! :D

In the attachment I have provided, it is the marriage record on the left side of the page.

Thanks!
Attachments
Marriage Record 1887 (with Giuseppa).jpg
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Translation of Marriage Record

Post by Tessa78 »

Act of Marriage #165
Dated 20 October 1887 at 6:30 PM at the town office in Termini-Imerese
Before the official... appeared...
1 - Liberante Sansone, unmarried, age 24, shoemaker born in Palermo, residing in Termini; son of Salvatore residing in Termini, and of deceased Giuseppa Marta who resided in Palermo in her lifetime.
2 - Giuseppa Pirricone-Bavera-Conca, unmarried, age 23, seamstress born in Termini, residing in Termini; daughter of Paolo residing in Termini, and of Maria Re residing in that place.
Publication of banns on 9 and 16 of the current month.
Father of the groom gave his consent.

T.
jc93
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: 07 Aug 2016, 07:42

Re: Translation of Marriage Record

Post by jc93 »

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!!
jc93
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: 07 Aug 2016, 07:42

Re: Translation of Marriage Record

Post by jc93 »

I have found some other documents that I would really appreciate some help understanding if anyone could help!

The first record is a death document that was supplemented as a marriage attachment providing details about the death of Giuseppa Marta, my 4G grandmother. Again, I can't make out hardly anything that's handwritten, so any information would be really appreciated! :D

The second document, I just really would like help being able to identify what the profession is of my 4G grandfather, Michele Re.

For the last record, I have the birth of my great great-grandmother, Diega Perricone Bavera Conca. I really can't make heads or tails of any of the handwriting, so anything you can provide would be really helpful. This is the record taking up most of the right side of the page.

Thank you so much for anyone that helps out with this!!

-Jay
Attachments
Death Record.jpg
Marriage Record Attachment 2.jpg
Birth Record.jpg
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Translation of Marriage Record

Post by Tessa78 »

Hello Jay :-)
For future posts, it would be most helpful if you could post the link the record (if available) so we have more control over enlargement. :-)

The first:
City of Palermo
Extract from the register of death year 1868
#3916
Dated 29 January 1868 at noon
Before the official appeared Antonio Vitabile, 50, and Antonio Vitabile, 50 (yes, those are the names and ages given), grave diggers residing there, to declare the death yesterday (28 January) in this town in the house at Via Schiasepublico(??) of Giuseppa Matla (earlier record appeared to be Marta), wife of Salvatore Sansone, age 27, born in Palermo, daughter of Liberante and of Speranza Maltes(?)
Copy created 26 September 1887

***
For the occupation of Michele Re... script is very difficult to read, but it could be "Pescatore" - fisherman.

***
Birth of Diega Pirricone Bavera Conca (#24)
Dated 15 January 1873
Before the official appeared Paolo Pirricone Bavera Conca [son of deceased Giuseppe] age 32... to declare a female child was born on 13 of this month at 8AM to his wife Maria Re [daughter of Michele] age 28, at the house they inhabit in Sant'Andrea neighborhood. They gave to this child the name Diega Pirricone Bavera Conca.
Witnesses to the record: Andrea Mercurio, son of deceased Giuseppe, 50, porter; and Pietro Insera(?) , 50, porter.

T.
jc93
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: 07 Aug 2016, 07:42

Re: Translation of Marriage Record

Post by jc93 »

I really could not thank you enough!

Also, thanks for the tip. I'm sure I will inevitably stumble upon some more documents that need translating, and I'll provide the link in the future. :D

Thanks again!!

-Jay
Post Reply