Josephine Pelligrini Immigation
- DonnaPellegrin
- Veteran

- Posts: 201
- Joined: 16 May 2004, 00:00
- Contact:
Re: Josephine Pelligrini Immigation
Kim,
Here is a link to the interactive SSDI search page that I use.
http://ssdi.genealogy.rootsweb.com/
You can read all about the SSDI (Social Security Death Index) on that webpage. You can even use it to request the record.
If you pay the money, you can acquire the Social Security application that Josephine Marrone filed. You might get lucky and find out her parent's names and her city of birth. It all depends on what information Josephine provided to the government.
The record that suanj found for Ma Giuseppa Pellegrino Looks like another possibility if your Josephine's father was named Gaetano. Knowing the names of Josephine's parents would be a real help to you at this point. Because Josephine immigrated as a young girl, she almost certainly did not travel across the ocean alone.
Were you able to find her in the US living with her family in the 1900 or 1910 census? That would be a big help also. Do you know the name of the town where she grew up?
Here is a link to the interactive SSDI search page that I use.
http://ssdi.genealogy.rootsweb.com/
You can read all about the SSDI (Social Security Death Index) on that webpage. You can even use it to request the record.
If you pay the money, you can acquire the Social Security application that Josephine Marrone filed. You might get lucky and find out her parent's names and her city of birth. It all depends on what information Josephine provided to the government.
The record that suanj found for Ma Giuseppa Pellegrino Looks like another possibility if your Josephine's father was named Gaetano. Knowing the names of Josephine's parents would be a real help to you at this point. Because Josephine immigrated as a young girl, she almost certainly did not travel across the ocean alone.
Were you able to find her in the US living with her family in the 1900 or 1910 census? That would be a big help also. Do you know the name of the town where she grew up?
Donna Pellegrin
Re: Josephine Pelligrini Immigation
I will try this out. No I don't know any certain info. on where she was born. Just here say from what family says. I will order the info from SSDI and see what I come up with. Thanks.
Kim
Kim
Re: Josephine Pelligrini Immigation
With these informations you can start to request her:suanj wrote:Hi kim, also are this records:phishfood wrote:Donna,
Here is all the info. I have on Josephine. She was born 11/06/1894. I have heard but do not know for sure that she was born in Salerno,Campania, or Naples, Italy. She also went by the name of Maira Giuseppina and we have also seen her last name spelt Polgrina but maybe that is by mistake on US records. On the census records that I have it states that she immigrated either in 1897 or 1900 (different in 2 census reports). She was married in 08/17/1910 to Luigi Marrone in Newark, New Jersey and she died 05/31/1972 in Amsterdam, NY. I don't have a name for her mother but a family member told us that her father's name was Nicholas Pellegrini. Is that enough info.? That is all I have right now. Let me know if you can help. Thanks.
Kim
1-Maria Guiseppina Pellegrini (Giuseppina); birthplace Maierato (vibo Valentia province/Calabria region) Italy 1900 imm. year; age 13 ; birth abt. 1887;
2- Ma Giuseppa Pellegrino birthplace: Postiglione (in Salerno province/Campania region); 1897 imm. year; age 6; birth abt 1891;in travel with the father Gaetano... joining .. nobody....
-------
Josephine in 1930 census are listed as 38 old so born in 1892 abt...
--------------
regards, suanj
ssdn, death certificate or copy of death act, and naturalization papers (if any).
You continue to try writinf to
municipality of Postiglione and Maierato
Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza A. Diaz
84026 Postiglione (SA)
Italy
Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Corso Umberto I, 1
89843 Maierato (VV)
Italy
Just try
Good luck
bye Riccardo
Josephine Pelligrini
Can someone give me the fax number for the following?:
Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza A. Diaz
84026 Postiglione (SA)
Italy
I wrote a letter but never heard anything back. I thought I would try to fax something over. Thanks so much.
Kim
Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza A. Diaz
84026 Postiglione (SA)
Italy
I wrote a letter but never heard anything back. I thought I would try to fax something over. Thanks so much.
Kim
Re: Josephine Pelligrini Immigation
Hi Kim:
+ 39 0828 770111
however please to wait some other day, because it could be that the reply is in travel...
regards, suanj
+ 39 0828 770111
however please to wait some other day, because it could be that the reply is in travel...
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Josephine Pelligrini Immigation
suanj,
I will wait till next week. It has been over a month now but I will wait a little longer. Thanks.
Kim
I will wait till next week. It has been over a month now but I will wait a little longer. Thanks.
Kim
Re: Josephine Pelligrini Immigation
Hi Again.
I am trying to locate a census record in 1900 for Josephine (Maria Giuseppa) Peligrino. I have looked for hours at our church building and can't find anything. I was hoping someone else may have better luck. I wanted to find this recod before she got married in 1910. Her mom is Anna or Annie Caruso. Her dad is Gaetano (from ship manifest) but on marriage record it says (Thos.). Her brother is Nicolina. If the ship manifest is correct then she came over on 12/16/1897 on the ship Alesia. Could someone please help? Let me know. Thanks.
Kim
I am trying to locate a census record in 1900 for Josephine (Maria Giuseppa) Peligrino. I have looked for hours at our church building and can't find anything. I was hoping someone else may have better luck. I wanted to find this recod before she got married in 1910. Her mom is Anna or Annie Caruso. Her dad is Gaetano (from ship manifest) but on marriage record it says (Thos.). Her brother is Nicolina. If the ship manifest is correct then she came over on 12/16/1897 on the ship Alesia. Could someone please help? Let me know. Thanks.
Kim
Re: Josephine Pelligrini Immigation
Kim,
I find knowing a location helps tremendously when searching for hidden folks on census records. Can you tell us what state they lived in? A county and town is even more helpful.
I find knowing a location helps tremendously when searching for hidden folks on census records. Can you tell us what state they lived in? A county and town is even more helpful.
Re: Josephine Pelligrini Immigation
I am not 100% sure on the Pelegrini family. I know Josephine got married in Newark, New Jersey. That is all I know and that they arrived in New York when they came from Italy. Does that help at all?
Kim
Kim
Re: Josephine Pelligrini Immigation
I found some new information possibly. Josephine may have been born in Arlington, New Jersey. Hope this helps.
Kim
Kim
Re: Josephine Pelligrini Immigation
Kim: but Josephine (maria Giuseppa Pellegrino) was born in Postiglione/Italy.. now in Arlington... I'm in confusion or what......??? You can explane us better?
Regards, suanj
Regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Josephine Pelligrini Immigation
This is another problem. On her marriage certificate and on Luigi's declaration of intention it says she was born in the US (New Jersey) but on census records it staes she was born in Italy and immigrated over. So what do I believe? I am confused myself. Please help....
Kim
Kim
Re: Josephine Pelligrini Immigation
Per Kim, this is NOT her family
Kim,
I found the following on HQ. If you think this could be correct census, maybe someone can find & post image from ancestry.
Census taker has lousy handwriting & I don't believe he was Italian, cause I have never seen these names! Then again, I may not be reading it correctly. So here is what I think it says:
T623 Roll 1125, Page 9B - Bronx Boro, NYC, NY
Peligrino, Luson????? (this is how HQ translated)
b. Mar 1852 (42) Italy, arrived US 1887, NA, Occu: store helper
wife: Dunnica (?) b. Mar 1860 (40) Italy, arrived US 1887
son: Jonvini (?) b. May 1888 (12) Italy, at school
dau: Carmilloc (?) b. May 1892 (8) Italy, at school
son: Pacali (?) b. Apr 1896 (4) NY
dau: Josephine b. Jul 1899 10 months NY
Hope it helps.
jcsm
Kim,
I found the following on HQ. If you think this could be correct census, maybe someone can find & post image from ancestry.
Census taker has lousy handwriting & I don't believe he was Italian, cause I have never seen these names! Then again, I may not be reading it correctly. So here is what I think it says:
T623 Roll 1125, Page 9B - Bronx Boro, NYC, NY
Peligrino, Luson????? (this is how HQ translated)
b. Mar 1852 (42) Italy, arrived US 1887, NA, Occu: store helper
wife: Dunnica (?) b. Mar 1860 (40) Italy, arrived US 1887
son: Jonvini (?) b. May 1888 (12) Italy, at school
dau: Carmilloc (?) b. May 1892 (8) Italy, at school
son: Pacali (?) b. Apr 1896 (4) NY
dau: Josephine b. Jul 1899 10 months NY
Hope it helps.
jcsm
Re: Josephine Pelligrini Immigation
KIM:phishfood wrote:This is another problem. On her marriage certificate and on Luigi's declaration of intention it says she was born in the US (New Jersey) but on census records it staes she was born in Italy and immigrated over. So what do I believe? I am confused myself. Please help....
Kim
Josephine born in ITALY sure as also Nicolino (Nicola and in english: Nick/Nicholas) brother and all family, so if it was wrote on USA marriage certificate that born in USA... it is no important...
from ship's manifest I read as final destination Arlington ( hope that someone can read it better, but seem Arlington spell)and in 1897 until 1900 I think that they was again in Arlington, so you can search ... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Josephine Pelligrini Immigation
suanj,
I will check in Arlington then and see if I have any luck. Thanks so much.
jcsm400: Thanks for the help but the people do not match up with who I have. Thanks for trying
Kim
I will check in Arlington then and see if I have any luck. Thanks so much.
jcsm400: Thanks for the help but the people do not match up with who I have. Thanks for trying
Kim
