I have hit a bit of a brick wall in a part of my family tree. I'm having a hard time identifying the correct name. The person in question is my 4G grandmother. The name is either Providenza Corso or Diega Corso, born about 1815.
I would really love some help identifying what the correct person should be in my family tree. My guess is that they are either the same person or perhaps they may be sisters?? I have scoured death records on familysearch and I just haven't been able to find a record for either of those names, unfortunately. It's entirely possible that I have missed it.
Here is some background information:
The location is Termini Imerese.
Married to Michele Re (abt1808-JUL1882). Here is the link to his death record where it lists his widow "Diega Corso"; https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613
Daughter Maria Re (1841-1926), born in Termini, died in the US. Married Paolo Perricone/Pirricone on 17-Mar-1863. Here is the link to the marriage record where it lists Maria's mother's name as "Provvidenza Corso" ; https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613
I have also attached a visual of part of my family tree if that helps at all. Considering my 2G grandmother's name is Diega, and the fact I know how Italian family naming traditions worked, this seems to make sense. I have found only one record on ancestry (which is just an index entry) saying Providenza. I have found many records where there was a marriage between Michele Re and Diega Corso. I believe the Michele Re death record I included is the Michele in my tree considering the name Paolo Pirricone appears in the records, who would have been his son-in-law.
Sorry for such the long post! I would really appreciate any help or guidance that anyone can provide.


