Looking for translation help for Cavagnaro Valente Marriage record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
User avatar
stewey75
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 95
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 19:28

Looking for translation help for Cavagnaro Valente Marriage record

Post by stewey75 »

Looking for translation help for 1845 Cavagnaro and Valente Marriage record please :). Any help would be so appreciated.

Thank you
Attachments
1845 marriage Cavagnaro  Valente.jpg
1845 marriage Cavagnaro  Valente.jpg
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Looking for translation help for Cavagnaro Valente Marriage record

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Marriage Act (1845) No 5: Cavagnaro and Valente

Parish of Sant'Ambrogio of Cornia, Moconesi: 28 April 1845

The marriage was celebrated at the Church of Santa Madre between:

Groom: Girolamo Cavagnaro, 23 yo, born Cornia, living Cornia, parish of Cornia, son of Luigi Cavagnaro, and of Maddalena Dondero, both living Cornia, and

Bride: Maria Valente, 18 yo, born Cornia, living Cornia, parish of Cornia, daughter of Carlo Valente, and of Maddalena Valente, both living Cornia.

Witnesses present were Luigi Casassa, 38 yo, and another Luigi Casassa, 29 yo, both living Moconesi, and Luigi Cavagnaro, and Carlo Valente, respective parents, who gave their consent.

Angela
User avatar
stewey75
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 95
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 19:28

Re: Looking for translation help for Cavagnaro Valente Marriage record

Post by stewey75 »

Thank you thank you Angela! I think if I have the right Luigi Cavagnaro and Maddelana Dondero, Girolamo is my 3rd Great Uncle!! I think my his sister might be my 2nd great grandmother Serafina Cavagnaro. 😊
It seems that all my relatives who are Casassa, Dondero, Volpone and Cavagnaro's have been in this new town part of Moconesi. It's amazing because a lot of them when they came to US lived in the same town I still live in. I'm so excited!
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Looking for translation help for Cavagnaro Valente Marriage record

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Very happy to help. Yes, it is exciting when you start connecting the dots. (Most of my family now live a little north of Genoa, so I'm enjoying learning a little more about that area.)

Angela :)
Post Reply