and I have another record that i think is in Italian, dating from 26 November 1892, but the scan is very rough
I know it is Paul Certa (parents Alberto and Gilardi Brigitta) marrying Marie Concepta Vitiello (parents Salvatore and Jacone Maria)
Is there anything else on this document that is readable?
Thanks,
Loic
Paul Certa Mariage record
Re: Paul Certa Mariage record
This record is in Latin.
Dated 26 November 1892
Banns of marriage were made on 30 October, and 6 and 13 of November.
Paolo Certa with Maria Concepta Vitiello
He is the son of Alberto Certa and Brigitta Gilardi
She is the daughter of Salvatore Vitiello and Maria Iacone
T.
Dated 26 November 1892
Banns of marriage were made on 30 October, and 6 and 13 of November.
Paolo Certa with Maria Concepta Vitiello
He is the son of Alberto Certa and Brigitta Gilardi
She is the daughter of Salvatore Vitiello and Maria Iacone
T.
Re: Paul Certa Mariage record
Tessa,
Again thank you for your time. Do you think it is Iacone or "Jacone"? Actually other records show her as Jacono
I'm not sure how the capital letters "I" or "J" are actually written at this time. From my French background, it looks like a "J", but I may be mistaking
Cheers from Utah,
Loic
Again thank you for your time. Do you think it is Iacone or "Jacone"? Actually other records show her as Jacono
I'm not sure how the capital letters "I" or "J" are actually written at this time. From my French background, it looks like a "J", but I may be mistaking
Cheers from Utah,
Loic
Re: Paul Certa Mariage record
It looks like a J to me but in terms of Latin, J and I are interchangeable and pronounced the same.anthianl wrote: 01 Jul 2017, 06:59 Tessa,
Again thank you for your time. Do you think it is Iacone or "Jacone"? Actually other records show her as Jacono
I'm not sure how the capital letters "I" or "J" are actually written at this time. From my French background, it looks like a "J", but I may be mistaking
Cheers from Utah,
Loic
Re: Paul Certa Mariage record
There is no "J" in the Italian alphabet. This is a "long i" which came to be used as we use a "j" --- so they are somewhat interchangeable. 
T.
T.

