Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Hiya, you may know me as Dan from the De Sio thread, however, I've crossed over here for some desperate help with working out what certain names are as the handwriting as far beyond my capabilities of reading!
Here are the names I need helping with at Ellis Island...
Are you sure? The first doesn't seem an R (as you can see, the R is generally broader) and at the end of the surname the T seems so clear...
Anyway I'm not sure of CACOFERITO (seems a strange surname, don't you think?), so it's possible that CAROPRESO marks the point
Are you sure? The first doesn't seem an R (as you can see, the R is generally broader) and at the end of the surname the T seems so clear...
Anyway I'm not sure of CACOFERITO (seems a strange surname, don't you think?), so it's possible that CAROPRESO marks the point
Regards
Saluti
Tommaso
Hi Tommaso I'm sure because CAROPRESO is right surname of this area,
about Vito Gaudino this your input is right, and this is the ship's manifest of probable (mistaken as Gandino ).. regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website: ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH