please read script about death of father
please read script about death of father
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
007694773_00431.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=0
007694773_00431.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=0
Re: please read script about death of father
what am I doing wrong I cannot get it to come up
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: please read script about death of father
Hi Faith
If you right lick on your mouse in the address bar at the top and click on copy then paste that should work. Try that.
It looks like you are looking at marriage records in San Fele Potenza years 1813-1814. If you give the number of the marriage record and also the year I'll give it a try. Am on my way out shortly so may not have time to translate for you but could do so later.
Angela
If you right lick on your mouse in the address bar at the top and click on copy then paste that should work. Try that.
It looks like you are looking at marriage records in San Fele Potenza years 1813-1814. If you give the number of the marriage record and also the year I'll give it a try. Am on my way out shortly so may not have time to translate for you but could do so later.
Angela
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: please read script about death of father
If you can you confirm that this is the record you are needing to be translated, someone will take a look at it for you:
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Angela
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Angela
Re: please read script about death of father
yes that is it thank you
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: please read script about death of father
All good. I had to rush out the door so have had a look at the record now. It's not easy is it.
Anyways, what I'm understanding (and this is in my own words - not verbatim) is that the groom's father, Pasquale Tomasulo, died in Alessandria (Del)la Paglia, eight years before, like (come), (or - "consistant with" - my words) the Act of Notary (Affidavit) (Atto di Notorietà), which was presented.
Another pair of eyes would be helpful. It says died in “Alendria la Paglia” which could be somewhere else but my thinking is Alessandria Della Paglia????? I might have this completely wrong. I know the word “paglia” which means “straw” very well, but because it is capitalised, and because of how it is worded, I believe it is the name of a town.
Angela
Anyways, what I'm understanding (and this is in my own words - not verbatim) is that the groom's father, Pasquale Tomasulo, died in Alessandria (Del)la Paglia, eight years before, like (come), (or - "consistant with" - my words) the Act of Notary (Affidavit) (Atto di Notorietà), which was presented.
Another pair of eyes would be helpful. It says died in “Alendria la Paglia” which could be somewhere else but my thinking is Alessandria Della Paglia????? I might have this completely wrong. I know the word “paglia” which means “straw” very well, but because it is capitalised, and because of how it is worded, I believe it is the name of a town.
Angela
Re: please read script about death of father
Angela thank you
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: please read script about death of father
You are very welcome, Faith.
Angela
Angela
Re: please read script about death of father
Pippo
translated a similar record for you at your other thread which references the death of Pasquale...
T.
https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/language/36054Sebastiano Tomasulo, 20 years old, could not show a death certificate of his father Pasquale. So, he found several witnesses, one of which was Pasquale's brother Sebastiano. Sebastiano (uncle) declared that several years before there was a riot in San Fele, and he and Pasquale were arrested with some other persons, and taken to Matera. There, there was a trial, they were sentenced to prison and sent to Alessandria La Paglia, France (according to what I found in Internet, it should be now Alessandria, Piedmont, Italy). Eight years before the testimony (that, is I think, in August 1806) Pasquale had fallen ill and died. Later, Sebastiano finished serving the sentence and went back to San Fele, where he said his brother had died. Other witnesses declared that a letter was sent from Alessandria to the Commune of San Fele to communicate Pasquale's death, but was not recorded and was lost.
T.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: please read script about death of father
Great! That's good to know that I had "Alessandria della Paglia" correct. I just wan't 100% certain. I spent a little time looking for the place and it has an interesting history. I'm sure that I saw reference to it being in/part of Milan but I can't find this now so may have misunderstood. I guess Piedmont might make more sense. Interesting that he died in prison. There was no reference to this in the 1813 marriage record that I saw.
Angela
Angela
Re: please read script about death of father
Thank you I just wanted to see if they match and were brothers Thank you Tessa and Angela
Re: please read script about death of father
Happy to help! 
T.
T.
