USCIS: certificate number to request naturalization certificate and timeline

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
khawthorne
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 09 Jun 2017, 03:03

USCIS: certificate number to request naturalization certificate and timeline

Post by khawthorne »

Hi there!

I am currently gathering documents to pursue a 1948 case with Luigi Paiano. I would like to make a request to USCIS for my great-grandfather’s naturalization certificate, to prove that he was indeed an American citizen at the time of my grandfather’s birth and demonstrate why I am pursuing the case through my great-grandmother's line.

My great-grandfather, Francesco Lucente, submitted his petition for naturalization through the US District Court of the Northern District of Illinois (Cook County). I have a copy of his petition for naturalization and the court index card, both attached. It’s my understanding that the court index cards sometimes include the naturalization certificate number, which is required to request a document through USCIS. I believe it’s the number beginning with “CN” on the attached court index card (cn 2409544), but has anyone completed this process that can confirm? I'm fairly certain that's correct, but with the $65 fee, a confirmation would be great. :)

I used this page for reference: https://www.uscis.gov/history-and-genea ... ile-number.


Also, to anyone who has requested naturalization certificates through USCIS, about how long did it take to receive your documents?

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
francesco-lucente_court-index.jpg
francesco-lucente_petition-naturalization.jpg
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: USCIS: certificate number to request naturalization certificate and timeline

Post by Tessa78 »

That should be the certificate number.
The number is also found on the reverse side of the Petition for Naturalization below the Oath of Allegiance, and at the bottom of the page.

Here is the link to the back of the Petition. It confirms the certificate number as 2409544. :D


https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/61 ... 9245_00534

T.
flowerchic1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 13 Jun 2017, 15:47

Re: USCIS: certificate number to request naturalization certificate and timeline

Post by flowerchic1 »

I am also waiting for an actual Naturalization certificate. It´s been 3 months since the order.
khawthorne
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 09 Jun 2017, 03:03

Re: USCIS: certificate number to request naturalization certificate and timeline

Post by khawthorne »

Awesome, thank you both! :)
Post Reply