Can anyone help with this picture of my Great-Uncle Lorenzo?
Obviously the first word is 'Renzo', but any idea what he could have written after that? Is it a location or a little message for his family?
Thanks
Ben
Reading an old photo - Only two words!
-
Ben Crowden
- Rookie

- Posts: 26
- Joined: 02 Apr 2017, 22:12
Re: Reading an old photo - Only two words!
I read "a mamina." I'm guessing "mamina" is a diminutive of the word "mama." -so it translates literally "to little mama." Probably a term developed in childhood which was used as a "pet name," or term of endearment, for a mother, or even a grandmother. This is my best guess.
Erudita
Erudita
-
Ben Crowden
- Rookie

- Posts: 26
- Joined: 02 Apr 2017, 22:12
Re: Reading an old photo - Only two words!
Hi Erudita,
I think you're probably right!
Grazie!
I think you're probably right!
Grazie!
Re: Reading an old photo - Only two words!
You're very welcome, Ben
Erudita
Erudita
Re: Reading an old photo - Only two words!
Renzo a mamma
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Reading an old photo - Only two words!
I totally agree. (There's a little mark on the photo which looks like a "dot" but it's not - a little misleading.)
Angela
Re: Reading an old photo - Only two words!
That's what I think it says.
Here's what experts say about in this crazy bulk review about it.
