Marriage Notification Translation
Marriage Notification Translation
Any help with translating the attached marriage notification would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for poor image quality and thank you for the assistance.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Marriage Notification Translation
Marriage Publication No 2: Stefano Vincenzo Falasca and Lucia Filomena Silvestri
Carovilli: 4 January 1876?
Prospective Groom: Stefano Vincenzo Falasca, 23, contadino (farmer), son of the deceased Angelo, and of Lucia Ricchiuti, contadina
Prospective Bride: Lucia Filomena Silvestri, 27, daughter of the deceased Stefano, and the deceased Apollonia Conti, contadina, all born and living in Carovilli.
Witnesses: Giulio Cervelli?, son of Costantino, 33, barber, and of Luciano Conti, son of Salvatore, 42, landowner, both living in Corovilli.
Stefano Vincenzo Falasca presented his birth extract and he was born on 27 July …. ? Here it goes out of focus if I try and zoom in. There's a lot of information on the second page, is there any way you can get a better pic?
Edit to Add: I believe it says that the father of the groom, Angelo Falasca, died on 12 May 1872. The rest of the document, now that I've taken another look, seems like it contains routine info, as far as I personally can make out.
Angela
Carovilli: 4 January 1876?
Prospective Groom: Stefano Vincenzo Falasca, 23, contadino (farmer), son of the deceased Angelo, and of Lucia Ricchiuti, contadina
Prospective Bride: Lucia Filomena Silvestri, 27, daughter of the deceased Stefano, and the deceased Apollonia Conti, contadina, all born and living in Carovilli.
Witnesses: Giulio Cervelli?, son of Costantino, 33, barber, and of Luciano Conti, son of Salvatore, 42, landowner, both living in Corovilli.
Stefano Vincenzo Falasca presented his birth extract and he was born on 27 July …. ? Here it goes out of focus if I try and zoom in. There's a lot of information on the second page, is there any way you can get a better pic?
Edit to Add: I believe it says that the father of the groom, Angelo Falasca, died on 12 May 1872. The rest of the document, now that I've taken another look, seems like it contains routine info, as far as I personally can make out.
Angela
Re: Marriage Notification Translation
The witness Giulio's surname is Cerulli.
I also think the year of birth of the groom was 1849. July 27, 1849.
Erudita
I also think the year of birth of the groom was 1849. July 27, 1849.
Erudita
Re: Marriage Notification Translation
I think the bride was born in Nov of 1844.
Re: Marriage Notification Translation
Thank you for all the assistance. I will try to get better images and re-post. Stay tuned!
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Marriage Notification Translation
Yes, I can see this too, possibly the 23?
You are very welcome. A clearer pic would be be great. Are you using a camera? Maybe try zooming in on each paragraph might work better, and ensure that you have the image on the film reader really focussed? Just a suggestion.Bacci wrote: 22 Jul 2017, 20:15 Thank you for all the assistance. I will try to get better images and re-post. Stay tuned!
Angela
Re: Marriage Notification Translation
I think these images are slightly better. Images for the first page are in this post. Images for the second page will be in an additional post. Thank you for helping me with these.
Re: Marriage Notification Translation
Here are images for second page of the Notification record. Thanks again.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Marriage Notification Translation
These are much better, thank you. I'll take another look later if no one else does meantime.
Angela
Angela
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Marriage Notification Translation
Hi Bacci
I've made some corrections and added a little bit more info. The rest of the document seems fairly routine, unless someone else can see something important that I'm missing.
Marriage Publication No 2: Stefano Vincenzo Falasca and Lucia Filomena Silvestri
Carovilli: 4 January 1876
Prospective Groom: Stefano Vincenzo Falasca, 23, contadino (farmer), son of the deceased Angelo, and of Lucia Ricchiuti, contadina
Prospective Bride: Lucia Filomena Silvestri, 27, daughter of the deceased Stefano, and the deceased Apollonia Conti, contadina, all born and living in Carovilli.
Witnesses: Giulio Cerulli, son of Costantino, 33, barber, and of Luciano Conti, son of Salvatore, 42, landowner, both living in Corovilli.
...
Stefano Vincenzo Falasca presented his birth extract and he was born on 27 July 1849 (1844 was crossed out); and Lucia Filomena Silvestri presented her birth extract and she was born 27 November 1844.
An extract of the death act of the father of the groom was presented: Angelo Falasca, died on 12 May 1872.
The mother of the groom gave her consent to the marriage.
Angela
I've made some corrections and added a little bit more info. The rest of the document seems fairly routine, unless someone else can see something important that I'm missing.
Marriage Publication No 2: Stefano Vincenzo Falasca and Lucia Filomena Silvestri
Carovilli: 4 January 1876
Prospective Groom: Stefano Vincenzo Falasca, 23, contadino (farmer), son of the deceased Angelo, and of Lucia Ricchiuti, contadina
Prospective Bride: Lucia Filomena Silvestri, 27, daughter of the deceased Stefano, and the deceased Apollonia Conti, contadina, all born and living in Carovilli.
Witnesses: Giulio Cerulli, son of Costantino, 33, barber, and of Luciano Conti, son of Salvatore, 42, landowner, both living in Corovilli.
...
Stefano Vincenzo Falasca presented his birth extract and he was born on 27 July 1849 (1844 was crossed out); and Lucia Filomena Silvestri presented her birth extract and she was born 27 November 1844.
An extract of the death act of the father of the groom was presented: Angelo Falasca, died on 12 May 1872.
The mother of the groom gave her consent to the marriage.
Angela
Re: Marriage Notification Translation
Angela & erudita,
Thank you so much for the translations. Knowing that my paternal great-great-grandparents were married in 1873 has helped me find 4 additional great great aunts and uncles. My father is especially excited because he never knew if his grandmother had siblings, and now we know that she had many. We've got lots more research to do!
I also found the marriage record for Stefano F and Lucia S. It looks like it contains the same information as the Notification, but if you wouldn't mind taking a look to confirm that, I would really appreciate it. Thank you for all your assistance. You have helped immensely!
Thank you so much for the translations. Knowing that my paternal great-great-grandparents were married in 1873 has helped me find 4 additional great great aunts and uncles. My father is especially excited because he never knew if his grandmother had siblings, and now we know that she had many. We've got lots more research to do!
I also found the marriage record for Stefano F and Lucia S. It looks like it contains the same information as the Notification, but if you wouldn't mind taking a look to confirm that, I would really appreciate it. Thank you for all your assistance. You have helped immensely!
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Marriage Notification Translation
Hi again
At a glance I can see that:
Stefano and Lucia were also married in 1873 (not 1876): married 18 January 1873.
Lucia was 28 when she married.
Glad you also found the marriage record.
Angela
At a glance I can see that:
Stefano and Lucia were also married in 1873 (not 1876): married 18 January 1873.
Lucia was 28 when she married.
Glad you also found the marriage record.
Angela
