Hello,
I found another marriage record, two pages.
Can you tell me when and where Domenico and Caterina married?
I think it says Cairo Egypt.
I can't read her parents names, Domenico and Maria ?
I see dates of April 1886 and 29 Oct 1898, what do those mean?
Also, the second page has their names with = signs, what names are after that?
any additional info would help. Wonder what he was doing in Cairo?
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,246641901
Thank you so much!
Marlene
Domenico Di Matteo and Catherina Samuelson , Trabia and Cairo?
Domenico Di Matteo and Catherina Samuelson , Trabia and Cairo?
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
Re: Domenico Di Matteo and Catherina Samuelson , Trabia and Cairo?
This record is dated 8 May 1904len52mar wrote:Hello,
I found another marriage record, two pages.
Can you tell me when and where Domenico and Caterina married?
I think it says Cairo Egypt. Yes, on 23 August 1884
I can't read her parents names, Domenico and Maria ?
He was 38 (at the time of Marriage) and son of deceased Ignazio and of Giuseppa Cancilla who resided in Trabia.
She was 39, daughter of deceased Domenico and of (living) Maria Aslan(?) Who resides in Cairo
I see dates of April 1886 and 29 Oct 1898, what do those mean?
The date is 3 April 1884, and is the date of certificate from mayor of Trabia indicating that there was no opposition to marriage (from posting of bands)
The October date is the date the copy of the marriage was made
Also, the second page has their names with = signs, what names are after that? The names of the witnesses to the record. Salomone Lupino and Costantino Bova.
any additional info would help. Wonder what he was doing in Cairo?
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,246641901
Thank you so much!
Marlene
T.
-
jennjenn0822
- Newbie

- Posts: 9
- Joined: 14 Aug 2017, 20:08
Re: Domenico Di Matteo and Catherina Samuelson , Trabia and Cairo?
I was told by my great Aunt Josie Vivirito (Guisppina DiMatteo granddaughter- also born in Egypt) that they were missionaries and that is why they were in Eqypt.
Re: Domenico Di Matteo and Catherina Samuelson , Trabia and Cairo?
Domenico's occupation on the record is listed as falegname (carpenter)... maybe a clue?jennjenn0822 wrote: 29 Aug 2017, 23:57 I was told by my great Aunt Josie Vivirito (Guisppina DiMatteo granddaughter- also born in Egypt) that they were missionaries and that is why they were in Eqypt.
T.

