Need help finding info about my Mingoia tree
Need help finding info about my Mingoia tree
Hi everyone, I'm reaching out because I've hit a wall in my research. I'm hoping to find out the parents of my 4th great grandfather named Matteo Mingoia or any other info about him in addition to what I have. Here's what I know so far:
He was born mid to late 1700s and was from Mussomeli in Caltanissetta, Sicily.
His wife was named Giuseppa Sala.
He had at least 2 kids: Francesco Mingoia (b. 1816) who married Salvatrice Costanzo, and Salvatore Mingoia (b. 1796) who married Maria Militello.
Any help or even a point in the right direction of where to look would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!
Jackie
He was born mid to late 1700s and was from Mussomeli in Caltanissetta, Sicily.
His wife was named Giuseppa Sala.
He had at least 2 kids: Francesco Mingoia (b. 1816) who married Salvatrice Costanzo, and Salvatore Mingoia (b. 1796) who married Maria Militello.
Any help or even a point in the right direction of where to look would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!
Jackie
Re: Need help finding info about my Mingoia tree
Can I see the baptism record of Salvatore Mingoia (b. 1796) who married Maria Militello or the baptism record of Francesco Mingoia (b 1816)
Marty
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Need help finding info about my Mingoia tree
How did you get Francesco Mingoia mothers name heres what I got off the church records
Marriage record of Francesco Mingoia and Salvatrice Costanzo
1834 Oct 22nd in the town of Mussomeli the church marriage of Francesco Mingoia son of Matteo Mingoia Vizzini and Giuseppa Messina married Salvatrice Costanzo daughter of Francesco Messina and Domenica Piazza??
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=730190
Marty
Marriage record of Francesco Mingoia and Salvatrice Costanzo
1834 Oct 22nd in the town of Mussomeli the church marriage of Francesco Mingoia son of Matteo Mingoia Vizzini and Giuseppa Messina married Salvatrice Costanzo daughter of Francesco Messina and Domenica Piazza??
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=730190
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Need help finding info about my Mingoia tree
Hi Marty,
Thank you for your help. Unfortunately I don't have their baptism records but I do have their death records. You can see them at the following links:
Francesco - http://i.imgur.com/iFKPsEV.jpg
Salvatore - https://i.imgur.com/m59BtKX.jpg
I thought that the mother's name looked like "Sala."
Thank you for your help. Unfortunately I don't have their baptism records but I do have their death records. You can see them at the following links:
Francesco - http://i.imgur.com/iFKPsEV.jpg
Salvatore - https://i.imgur.com/m59BtKX.jpg
I thought that the mother's name looked like "Sala."
Re: Need help finding info about my Mingoia tree
Also, why would Salvatrice's last name be Constanzo instead of Messina?
Re: Need help finding info about my Mingoia tree
Sorry I typo her fathers his name is Francesco
Costanza
Marty
Costanza
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Need help finding info about my Mingoia tree
I'm on my iPhone right now I will check for their baptism and marriage records when I get home
Marty
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Need help finding info about my Mingoia tree
I found some church records but I cant verify
I will look at the earlier civil records of Mussomeli next time Im at FHC to find Francesco Mingoia and Salvatore Mingoia marriage records
Heres Maria Carmela Militello death record (wife of Salvatore Mingoia) which will help in finding their marriage record to verify the parents
INDEX#164
1909 Sept 29th in the town of Mussomeli death of Maria Carmela Militello age 84 born and resides in Mussomeli wife of deceased Salvatore Mingoia the daughter of deceased Salvatore Militello and Rosa Vassa??
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=529060
Marty
I will look at the earlier civil records of Mussomeli next time Im at FHC to find Francesco Mingoia and Salvatore Mingoia marriage records
Heres Maria Carmela Militello death record (wife of Salvatore Mingoia) which will help in finding their marriage record to verify the parents
INDEX#164
1909 Sept 29th in the town of Mussomeli death of Maria Carmela Militello age 84 born and resides in Mussomeli wife of deceased Salvatore Mingoia the daughter of deceased Salvatore Militello and Rosa Vassa??
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=529060
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Need help finding info about my Mingoia tree
Thank you so much Marty, it is greatly appreciated!
Re: Need help finding info about my Mingoia tree
I thinking that Matteo Mingoia remarried or misinformation on those death records beause I just got back from FHC and heres the civil marriage records info
INDEX#65
Marriage record of Francesco Mingoia and Salvatrice Costanzo
1834 Oct 21st in the town of Mussomeli marriage of Francesco Mingoia age 31 born and resides in Mussomeli son of Matteo Mingoia Vizzini and Giuseppa Messina married Salvatrice Costanzo age 17 born and resides in Mussomeli daughter of Francesco Costanza and Domenica Piazza
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
INDEX#65
Marriage record of Francesco Mingoia and Salvatrice Costanzo
1834 Oct 21st in the town of Mussomeli marriage of Francesco Mingoia age 31 born and resides in Mussomeli son of Matteo Mingoia Vizzini and Giuseppa Messina married Salvatrice Costanzo age 17 born and resides in Mussomeli daughter of Francesco Costanza and Domenica Piazza
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Need help finding info about my Mingoia tree
INDEX#38
Marriage record of Salvadore Mingoia and Maria Carmela Militello
1854 Oct 22st in the town of Mussomeli marriage of Salvatore Mingoia age 54 (widower) born and resides in Mussomeli son of deceased Matteo Mingoia and Giuseppa Messina married Maria Carmela Militello (widow) age 30 born and resides in Mussomeli daughter of Salvatore Militello and Rosa Papa
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
Marriage record of Salvadore Mingoia and Maria Carmela Militello
1854 Oct 22st in the town of Mussomeli marriage of Salvatore Mingoia age 54 (widower) born and resides in Mussomeli son of deceased Matteo Mingoia and Giuseppa Messina married Maria Carmela Militello (widow) age 30 born and resides in Mussomeli daughter of Salvatore Militello and Rosa Papa
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Need help finding info about my Mingoia tree
Marrriage of Gaetano Mingoia there brother
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty

