You found the names of my great great great grandparents. THANK YOU!! And THANK YOU for the marriage info. I'm very excited!searching wrote: 07 Aug 2017, 22:46 Hey, I received a report from the Pittsburgh Dioscese that has Antonio & Mary's info...here's what they found (I'm copy/pasting):
The Marriage Register of St. Vitus does include Antonio Gallucci’s second marriage on December 18, 1904 (all names are transcribed as recorded in the original Latin):
Antonio Galluccio, son of Raffaelo and Caterina Galluccio to
Maria Ciampa, daughter of Severino and Giovannina Scimia
Witnesses: Nicola DiIulio, Gaetana Obitoza [or Obitosa]
That may help trace things a bit more.
Champ
- BrownEyedGirl
- Veteran

- Posts: 124
- Joined: 03 Feb 2016, 04:57
- Location: Northern United States
Re: Champ
For Europe, With Love.
- BrownEyedGirl
- Veteran

- Posts: 124
- Joined: 03 Feb 2016, 04:57
- Location: Northern United States
Re: Champ
Suanj,suanj wrote: 11 Aug 2017, 11:30 Hi,
thanks, interesting... so Antonio Galluccio on 1900 was with the his first wife... instead on 1910 the second wife is Maria... I believe that she coming from L'Aquila province, maybe from Camarda town, and I searched on 1866 and no luck in New Castle, PA was also a Joseph Ciampa, I believe related to your Maria... and if she also was widow you don't know her first husband name? maybe she travelled under husband surname....
Best regards,
suanj
THANK YOU for finding the province and city of Maria's birth. I don't know her first husband's name. If you or anyone here could find his name and place of birth, you will have solved a family mystery. Lol. Nobody knows anything about him. My grandmother never talked about him, and she always talked about her grandmother (Maria). Thank you, again.
For Europe, With Love.
Re: Champ
on the marriage application, Maria stated that her first husband died on 10 Aug 1900 https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33SQ-GPFM-WPF
so or she travelled as widow, or she was already in USA and maybe could be in the 1900 census.. knowing the name of her first husband could be very helpful... I have my opinion that she came from L'Aquila province, near Camarda area.. because both the surnames of her parents are in this area.. Scimia is a surname pretty popular in L'Aquila province... so this is the area... but or she was born before of 1866, because I searched in many communes and I cannot find her Birth on 1866...
regards,
suanj
so or she travelled as widow, or she was already in USA and maybe could be in the 1900 census.. knowing the name of her first husband could be very helpful... I have my opinion that she came from L'Aquila province, near Camarda area.. because both the surnames of her parents are in this area.. Scimia is a surname pretty popular in L'Aquila province... so this is the area... but or she was born before of 1866, because I searched in many communes and I cannot find her Birth on 1866...
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
- BrownEyedGirl
- Veteran

- Posts: 124
- Joined: 03 Feb 2016, 04:57
- Location: Northern United States
Re: Champ
I just realized that the documentation says Maria's first husband died in 1900. But her daughter, Charlotte (my great grandmother), was born in 1903. So . . . Either one of these years is off or Maria had an "accident" between her first husband and second husband.
I'm trying to find the name and birth place of my great great grandfather (Charlotte's father). If Maria was never married to him, I probably won't be able to find that information.
- BrownEyedGirl
- Veteran

- Posts: 124
- Joined: 03 Feb 2016, 04:57
- Location: Northern United States
Re: Champ
Thank you, Suanj.suanj wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 18:26 on the marriage application, Maria stated that her first husband died on 10 Aug 1900 https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33SQ-GPFM-WPF
so or she travelled as widow, or she was already in USA and maybe could be in the 1900 census.. knowing the name of her first husband could be very helpful... I have my opinion that she came from L'Aquila province, near Camarda area.. because both the surnames of her parents are in this area.. Scimia is a surname pretty popular in L'Aquila province... so this is the area... but or she was born before of 1866, because I searched in many communes and I cannot find her Birth on 1866...
regards,
suanj
I'm wondering if Charlotte was born in Abruzzo, too, since we can't find record of her birth in Campania. Then again, we don't know her birth name for sure so how could we trace it anywhere.
Is it possible to trace the birth places of Maria's parents? My ggg grandparents, Servenio Ciampa and Giovannina Scimia. You suspect L'Aquila, and you're probably right.
If you or anyone else can help, thank you again. Deeply appreciated.
