Hello -
I'm looking for some information to help me confirm some things in my family tree. My great-grandfather Beniamino Masciovecchio was born in Paganica on 4-24-1892. He later immigrated to the US. I know that his father was Enrico Masciovecchio. I am trying to confirm his mother's name, along with his grandparents and siblings.
I was hoping someone could help me confirm if Rosalia Silva was his mother. It is my understanding the she was born in 1866 in Paganica and died there on 9-2-1940.
If she IS his mother, I'm hoping to find out if he had other siblings and who they were. His obituary indicated that he had two brothers (Antonio and Henry) and a sister - who I think was Maria (she married a man with the last name of DiPasquale).
Any thoughts or information is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Jenn
masciovecchio from paganica...
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: masciovecchio from paganica...
Here is his birth act: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043786
Born in Paganica, Via delle Rocce, on 24 June 1892
son of Errico, aged 33, property owner and of Rosalia Silva aged 25
The side note states that the father's name is Errico, not Enrico. btw the father signs as Errigo...
Born in Paganica, Via delle Rocce, on 24 June 1892
son of Errico, aged 33, property owner and of Rosalia Silva aged 25
The side note states that the father's name is Errico, not Enrico. btw the father signs as Errigo...
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: masciovecchio from paganica...
Birth of Rosalia Silva: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043786
27 Jun 1866
father: Concezio, farmer, aged 28
mother: Antonia Ferella, spinner, 27yo
she died in Paganica 2 Sept 1940
27 Jun 1866
father: Concezio, farmer, aged 28
mother: Antonia Ferella, spinner, 27yo
she died in Paganica 2 Sept 1940
Re: masciovecchio from paganica...
Hi Livio heres more to the mix
Marriage record of Errico Masciovecchio and Rosalia Silva
INDEX#16
1888 Sept 12th in the town of Paganica the marriage of Errico Masciovecchio age 29 landowner born and resides in Paganica son of Ferdiccando Masciovecchio and Marialucia Liberatore married Rosalia Silva age age 22 landowner born and resides in Paganica daughter of Concezio Silva and Antonia Ferella
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043786
Marty
Marriage record of Errico Masciovecchio and Rosalia Silva
INDEX#16
1888 Sept 12th in the town of Paganica the marriage of Errico Masciovecchio age 29 landowner born and resides in Paganica son of Ferdiccando Masciovecchio and Marialucia Liberatore married Rosalia Silva age age 22 landowner born and resides in Paganica daughter of Concezio Silva and Antonia Ferella
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043786
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: masciovecchio from paganica...
Birth record of Ulderico Masciovecchio (sibling)
INDEX#48
1899 April 14th in the town of Paganica the birth of Ulderico Masciovecchio son of Errico Masciovecchio age 39 landowner and his wife Rosalia Silva age 34 landowner
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043786
Marty
INDEX#48
1899 April 14th in the town of Paganica the birth of Ulderico Masciovecchio son of Errico Masciovecchio age 39 landowner and his wife Rosalia Silva age 34 landowner
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043786
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: masciovecchio from paganica...
this is great! thank you SO much!!! this confirms the connection.
I'm assuming that Ulderico is the brother I mentioned as Henry. Also, there are notes in the margin of his birth certificate. Not sure if you can translate to tell me if there is anything interesting there.
As well, is there any way to tell if there is a birth record for Maria Lucia Masciovecchio (born 1901)...and possibly a marriage record for the man, DiPasquale (I think Ansunino Beniamino is his given name).
I truly appreciate your help on this!!!
Jenn
I'm assuming that Ulderico is the brother I mentioned as Henry. Also, there are notes in the margin of his birth certificate. Not sure if you can translate to tell me if there is anything interesting there.
As well, is there any way to tell if there is a birth record for Maria Lucia Masciovecchio (born 1901)...and possibly a marriage record for the man, DiPasquale (I think Ansunino Beniamino is his given name).
I truly appreciate your help on this!!!
Jenn
Re: masciovecchio from paganica...
Marty - I'm curious...the notes in the margin...do you know what they say? I thought it was interesting that no other records had additional notes? Thx. 
Birth record of Ulderico Masciovecchio (sibling)
INDEX#48
1899 April 14th in the town of Paganica the birth of Ulderico Masciovecchio son of Errico Masciovecchio age 39 landowner and his wife Rosalia Silva age 34 landowner
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043786
Birth record of Ulderico Masciovecchio (sibling)
INDEX#48
1899 April 14th in the town of Paganica the birth of Ulderico Masciovecchio son of Errico Masciovecchio age 39 landowner and his wife Rosalia Silva age 34 landowner
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043786
Re: masciovecchio from paganica...
The margin notation indicates that the Tribunal court ordered on 12 May 1916, that the birth act be rectified to show that the father's name was Errico, instead of Enrico [Enrico was written in the original record]; and the mother was age 32, instead of 34.
T.
T.
Re: masciovecchio from paganica...
thank you. 
