Hello -
I'm looking for any information regarding the Buschini family from Russi. My 3x great-grandfather was Marino Buschini who was born in Russi (near Ravenna) in 1842. He immigrated to England in the 1860s.
I visited Russi last year and found some gravestones with the Buschini name on them in the cemetery. There were also 3 Buschini sisters living in Russi but the one we found would not talk to us.
We visited the civil office in the town and they were going to send us any information that they could find about Marino but we never received anything.
I believe the family may have originated around the Turin region, as there are quite a few Buschini's in that area.
Thank you in advance!
Buschini
Re: Buschini
Welcome to the Forum!
From what source did you determine that Marino was born in Russi?
There are some online records for Russi, but they begin in 1866...
https://www.familysearch.org/search/ima ... %3D1947700
Could this be your 3xGGF in the England Marriage Index?
Marino Buschini
England and Wales Marriage Registration Index
Name Marino Buschini
Event Type Marriage
Registration Quarter Apr-May-Jun
Registration Year 1873
Registration District Holborn
County London
Event Place Holborn, London, England
Volume 1B
Page 1057
Line Number 197
Marino Buschini probably married one of the following people
Name Timothy Collins
Name Rachel Jane Haynes
Name Eliza Saphor
T.
From what source did you determine that Marino was born in Russi?
There are some online records for Russi, but they begin in 1866...
https://www.familysearch.org/search/ima ... %3D1947700
Could this be your 3xGGF in the England Marriage Index?
Marino Buschini
England and Wales Marriage Registration Index
Name Marino Buschini
Event Type Marriage
Registration Quarter Apr-May-Jun
Registration Year 1873
Registration District Holborn
County London
Event Place Holborn, London, England
Volume 1B
Page 1057
Line Number 197
Marino Buschini probably married one of the following people
Name Timothy Collins
Name Rachel Jane Haynes
Name Eliza Saphor
T.
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Buschini
The town office may not have any civil records from before 1866 and Marino was born in 1840. You will probably need to access parish records to research your family tree. There are Napoleonic records for Russi at http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... enna/Nati/
There is an article on my blog about meeting relatives (and why they won't talk to you).
There is an article on my blog about meeting relatives (and why they won't talk to you).
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Re: Buschini
Thank you both for the information....I apologize for not replying sooner...I forgot I had posted on this site!
Tessa78 - I found the Russi connection for Marino in one of the census documents from London where he had specified that he was born in Russi. In doing further research (and during our trip there) we found other Buschinis, both living and dead so that helped to possibly confirm that he was born in Russi.
Italysearcher - thank you for the link. I'll have to check into it further. One of the 3 sisters living in Russi that we were able to track down did not want to talk to us. Our severe lack of Italian and her lack of English did not help. Her neighbor was trying to be helpful but to no avail. I realize the Italian people are very friendly but do not like to be asked about personal things, especially from strangers. Which is understandable.
We are heading to London this summer to dig into the Buschini roots there. Hopefully we'll uncover something we don't all ready know.
Glenn
Tessa78 - I found the Russi connection for Marino in one of the census documents from London where he had specified that he was born in Russi. In doing further research (and during our trip there) we found other Buschinis, both living and dead so that helped to possibly confirm that he was born in Russi.
Italysearcher - thank you for the link. I'll have to check into it further. One of the 3 sisters living in Russi that we were able to track down did not want to talk to us. Our severe lack of Italian and her lack of English did not help. Her neighbor was trying to be helpful but to no avail. I realize the Italian people are very friendly but do not like to be asked about personal things, especially from strangers. Which is understandable.
We are heading to London this summer to dig into the Buschini roots there. Hopefully we'll uncover something we don't all ready know.
Glenn
Re: Buschini
Hi, my husband’s family, also called Buschini, apparently originate from Russi. I wonder if the family is the same, perhaps a brother. The name is Camillo Buschini. He had a son, Amato Bastian Gasberi Buschini born 1847
